does it have to be a telenav receiver? can i purchase any off of the ... BlackBerry GPS forum

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

GPS receiver & Telenav

Advertisement

does it have to be a telenav receiver? can i purchase any off of the internet so long as its compatible with my handset?

im going on a trip to san diego and i want this to work smoothly when i do operate it.

someone help!?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Before you buy any test out google maps. Unless of course you want an external GPS. I am sure there are also other free ones you could try. Telenave works really well for me but if you just want it for one month or for one trip I would try this. Unless your 8320 doesnt have built in gps of course then you would have to have a reciever. If I am wrong on this someone please feel free to correct me. Which I know you will.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    littleacorn, as moderncowboy said, you will need a GPS puck/receiver as the 8320 does NOT have built-in GPS.

I have an 8310 which does have the built-in GPS, so someone who uses a puck will have to offer their knowledge as to what you should get.

Good luck!
    Roger

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    any GPS puck will work. has to be bluetooth.

are you subscribing to telenav to have the voice directions? its awesome .. i use it all the time.

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional
    rogro: that wasnt my question. my question is does it have to be a telenav receiver (i.e. the one it instructs you to purchase kindly as you're obtaining your free trial) or can it be any others as i have enountered widely available online cheaper than 99 dollars?

moderncowboy: give me more credit than that. i know my phone doesnt have gps, hence the question and im not interested in free. they dont give turn by turn directions and i personally dont have time to be looking down at my phone, i want to hear it as im getting lost in the city of san diego.

cherrichiodo: thanks for answering my question. i love telenav. i had it with my previous 8800 and its convenient when you cant be peering down at the phone. i just hear ANDRE, screaming it over my crazy tunes. good times. but yes, you answered it dead on. exactly what i needed to know.

e

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by littleacorn View Post

moderncowboy: give me more credit than that. i know my phone doesnt have gps, hence the question and im not interested in free. they dont give turn by turn directions and i personally dont have time to be looking down at my phone, i want to hear it as im getting lost in the city of san diego.

e
    I will give you all the credit I was not totally sure if it built in or not. Therefore I gave a few options that came to mind. I am glad cherri was able to answer your question and help you get it worked out.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Go easy on the cowboy. It was me who told you the 8320 doesn't have GPS. And please forgive me for not clearly understanding your question.