OK, so I d/l'd both Bbry Maps and Google Maps onto my 8800. I used ... BlackBerry GPS forum

Paperboy2007 no está en línea Stack level 3

GPS questions

Advertisement

OK, so I d/l'd both Bbry Maps and Google Maps onto my 8800. I used bbry maps the other night and it was OK, and I tried to us Google earlier and couldn't get it to do what I wanted.

With both platforms I was hoping to be able to plug in an address and for it to show me as I'm driving, what to do. I know I can get 'directions' from the BBry Maps program, but I was hoping I would get something while in the GPS Map screen (the one with the mph indicator and street name banner on the bottom) that would tell me turn by turn.

Also, with the Google program, I couldn't get it to tell where I was in real time. I could plug in an address and it would show me, but it wouldn't show me driving, where I was. Does it do that? I was hoping that it would 'overlay' the correct route on the map as I was driving and show me directions or where to go real time.

To get this full functionality to do I have to use Telenav, or is there a way to do it with either of the programs?

Thanks,

Doug

frkhuda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: GPS questions

Hey Paperboy2007! No u can't not with gmaps! At least not yet! U can only use the gps with telenav and bbmaps with which on bbmaps i believe u should b able 2 do what ur trying 2 do!

kasperapd no está en línea Stack level 3

Make sure you are using BB Maps v1.1.27

cv
    cv no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I just turned on telenav today. Very nice. Does everything you want. Not sure how it works with bbmaps.

does it verbally prompt you, or at least beep when a turn is coming up?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Yup. Telenav works really well. You do get what you pay for with GPS apps on the BB (at least so far).

In the recent past, it seemed that people 'knowingly' mentioned that GPS doesn't work with Google maps 'yet'; hinting that it was coming soon. Does anyone have any insight into this?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Nope. Google has released GPS enabled versions for other devices -- just not for the BB so far.

Well at least we know it's something they 'can' do. Not that I would ever expect there to be anything that Google couldn't do.....

Now I understand why people intimated that it could be coming soon....it seems like a no brainer then