Well i got a new BB 8310 today and i did not get a data ... BlackBerry GPS forum

Seiten123 no está en línea Stack level 2

GPS question

Advertisement

Well i got a new BB 8310 today and i did not get a data plain yet nor GPS, the dude told me that it was 30 for data and 10 for GPS, was wondering, if get the data plain but use google maps will i still need to pay that 10$ for the GPS? cuse he told me that the 10 was just for telenave. anyone know?

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiten123 View Post
    Well i got a new BB 8310 today and i did not get a data plain yet nor GPS, the dude told me that it was 30 for data and 10 for GPS, was wondering, if get the data plain but use google maps will i still need to pay that 10$ for the GPS? cuse he told me that the 10 was just for telenave. anyone know?

Are you with AT&T?

If you are I would suggest you get the $30 Personal BB Plan, your Device already has built in GPS, head over to Mapquest and Purchase MP Navigator for $50 for the Year, in my opinon it is better then Telnav and a lot cheaper.

musichurts no está en línea Stack level 2
    I got amaze gps from here and use that. It just uses data and doesn't cost anything. The old version is extremely slow but the newest version is great. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Seiten123 no está en línea Stack level 2
    but just wondering, does Googlemaps have it's own GPS things in it or is that just maps?

Google Maps is good, but it does not have Voice Navagation and the Zoom feature as a lot to be desired, just go with Mapquest Nav, check it out; you get to try it free for a month free, but I'm sure you will see that the subscription price is worth it. (wap.pinstack.com)~

Raven71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F7DCD
    NAV4ALL

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

musichurts no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiten123 View Post
    but just wondering, does Googlemaps have it's own GPS things in it or is that just maps?
    Google maps downloads maps though data and will show your location. It will give you directions but will not do turn by turn. If you get off course, you have to tell it to recalculate.

Raven71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F7DCD
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Did I say Nav4All is free.
    Voice Directions also.