Nextel offers a GPS service called Mobile Locator which allows a subscriber to log into ... BlackBerry GPS forum

Dispatcher35 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    400f6810

GPS Locator

Advertisement

Nextel offers a GPS service called Mobile Locator which allows a subscriber to log into their Nextel account and poll the location of their phones. The service does not require any software to be runnig on the phone and the phone user never knows his phone is being polled. The system has a couple of draw backs. First it is $15 per month per phone and secondly you have to give anyone you want to be able to poll the phone access to your Nextel account.

I'm looking for this type of application that is #1 free and #2 on a stand alone website so that anyone (with a log in) can access without seeing anything else but the GPS location.

Mike
    Mikey P
    Marlborough, MA

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: GPS Locator

Dispatcher35, Good Luck finding that.

I would imagine the bandwidth to do that is not cheap. Providing that service for free would need to have an Ad based website.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hey dispatcher.

Just a few things I wanted to point out. The users that are being tracked do know they are being tracked. There is a message that goes to their phone each time they are pinged.

Im not sure you are going to find something like that for free, but you can look into "xora" which is a great gps application.

Dispatcher35 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    400f6810

Thanks for the info Chris. My driver must be pretty stupid then cause he has no idea how we track him. He has no idea if the GPS is on his service truck or on his phone!

Mike
    Mikey P
    Marlborough, MA

bworchel no está en línea Stack level 1

Does Spot do turn by turn voice prompt or just routing? Looking for a solution for my 8703e on Verizon.

Need no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by bworchel
    Does Spot do turn by turn voice prompt or just routing? Looking for a solution for my 8703e on Verizon.
    From the website description, it seems like Spot does not do turns. It does waypoint routing like your destination is toward northeast 5 miles, and you have to look at the map to figure out how to get there.