Hi guys and gals I recently acquired a BB8820 and all is well excpt the ... BlackBerry GPS forum

amoroso511 no está en línea Stack level 3

Gps Is Not Responding

Advertisement

Hi guys and gals
    I recently acquired a BB8820 and all is well excpt the gps reader does not pick up any satellite and not showing anything. The problem is that i cannot use my telenav because of this. I went to options>advance options>gps and refreshed the GPS but to no avail. Can someone tell me what is wrong please?

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Gps Is Not Responding

if its the first time your using it. Stand take a chair and sit outside and let it try to get its bearings for a few minutes. keep in mind that it will not work indoors.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

Believe me I have done it inside outside and everywhere. My other BB which is a 8800 reads at least 6 satellites at the same spot. I am just wondering if it is to do with this particular 8820.
    Any advice.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if it is the new AT&T 8820 then you are out of luck because AT&T disabled the GPS in software on it just like Verizon did on the 8830. To check this, press the green send key to go into the phone. Then enter #HELP* (you'll have to use Caps to get the letters in) then press the green send key again. The device Status list will appear. Go down to the one really long line and see if it says at the end of the line "GPS enabled.". If it does then your GPS is working properly however AT&t disabled it in software. FYI they apparently did this so the 8820 would not compete favorably with the iPhone

Thank you all specially bartokbatt withhis insight into the AT&T. I am using a UK O2 phone so there is not chance of hanky panky with the phones here as the regulators are very serious about this things.
    However the following observation should be useful to others : I was sitting on a London bus going home from work and it suddenly dawned on me that it could be the case which I just bought from SENA at a great expense that might be interfereing with my GPS. So I took the phone out of kits case and refreshed the gps and after a few seconds of searching for satellites..... hey presto the device found 6 satellites and the rest is history.
    So anyone of you guys with the case and satvan beware.
    Regards to all.

mshahan no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30187A86

When I do the #HELP*, my phone shows that GPS is enabled. But everything that I run google maps it tells me that it cannot find my location. I have tried this from all over San Francisco. Is there something else I would have to do?