So i got the 8310 and it of course has GPS, but how does it ... BlackBerry GPS forum

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

GPS? How can i use?

Advertisement

So i got the 8310 and it of course has GPS, but how does it work? What do u need to use it and do you need to get a special plan from att?

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by mac14x View Post
    So i got the 8310 and it of course has GPS, but how does it work? What do u need to use it and do you need to get a special plan from att?
    With AT&T you can use the TeleNav. It comes with a 30 day free trial after that it is $9.99 a month. You can also try Google maps "m.google.com/maps" or check out this link...

LINK

Edit:

I prefer to use TeleNav.... Through my company discount (Premier Site) I pay only $6.99 for unlimited routes.... This comes in handy when I have to go to other sites that I have never been to! Give it a try and let us know what you think.. Also, try the other apps to that are free.... Make your own observation on what fits your needs and works best for you!
    Last edited by stnkyq2; 09-17-2008 at 02:43 PM.
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't use AT&T but you do have to buy the plan - $10 a month I think. Some AT&T user can jump in here and get you up to date on the details.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    I use Amaze GPS or Nav4All. they are both free and both work very well.

Here are the OTA links

http://wap.amazegps.com
    http://nav4all.com
    Last edited by neorabid; 09-17-2008 at 09:09 PM.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    no special plan is needed, I laughed at the girl at ATT when she told me I needed to spend $10 dollars extra a month for GPS. Its bad enough they make us pay 30 for the data plan, no sense paying for something you already pay for.

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up

I use Spot for field navigation and their tracking app as it came as a package during a special promotion. Quite nice though, but a bit bulky to use....