Hi, I have the 8830 and am on the Sprint 99.00/all inclusive program. The Telenav ... BlackBerry GPS forum

wolfcake no está en línea Stack level 1

GPS Aviation software

Advertisement

Hi,
    I have the 8830 and am on the Sprint 99.00/all inclusive program. The Telenav GPS software is cool for driving but I need aviation data for flying. A company called AdaptA has a program called P Tracking which is OK but kind of cumbersome and prone to user errors (dangerous!). It outputs a .kml file which is great for Google Earth. Anyone know of anything out there, or coming, better suited to aviation?
    Thanks!

djcwardog no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    323D706D

Other apps do a good job with Google Earth

I just got golftraxx as a GPS app for playing golf. You put in your Zip code and it shows you the course that others have mapped with Google Earth, select the one you want and tee off. I mention all this because the course file you you create with waypoints (to get a free downlaod) is sent in as a .kml file and it ends up on a pdazip website. I would think that Google Earth functionality could work for general aerial nav (but probably not good enough as a stand-alone to assure your safety in flying GPS approaches...). It would be cool to fly with the Curve as a backup and redundant means of aerial nav.
    Sincerely,

djcwardog
    9650 w/ 6.0.0.333 on Sprint

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3
    Heard about some people using "MobileTracker for BlackBerry" for their aviation track recording. It allows you to set up the kml export to "absolute" which makes sense when you are flying around, right?