OK well i am starting to believe that the managers at the store and things ... BlackBerry GPS forum

dwibble no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    319F92C5

Gps?????

Advertisement

OK well i am starting to believe that the managers at the store and things we have heard are wrong. When i picked up the curve from Verizon on friday i asked then will the gps be crippled and the VZnav be the only thing working. i was assured no that when VZnav comes up on monday so will the BBgps. Well Sunday when VZnav came up gps still no go. Well today is monday and well to no avail tried to activate trimble navagator today and it will not recieve the GPS signal. So now the question Is this something we can uncripple. I know that when AT&T relesed the curve they crippled certain aps but was able to change the vendor files so that it was active. Is there a away to do this now to the new Verizon one? HELP I have Geocaches to find !

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    As far as uncrippling, to my knowledge it goes deeper then just the software...I think vzw was "testing" how the increased traffic would affect the network in select markets. You might be in a market where they haven't tried it out yet...

Hope that helps!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3
    They could activate just the GPS in "unassisted mode". This would not cause any traffic on their network as the GPS receiver would just talk directly to the Navstar satellites of the US Navy and not to anything else.

Dare you Verizon!

FF2
    FF2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by funkym View Post
    They could activate just the GPS in "unassisted mode". This would not cause any traffic on their network as the GPS receiver would just talk directly to the Navstar satellites of the US Navy and not to anything else.

Dare you Verizon!
    Right. There are a few apps that can use maps that you store on your SD card and don't need data. So if the gps were enabled, data would not necessarily be needed. I guess the issue would be how would verizon limit data.

But be that as it may, if you have a gps puck and use the normal gps apps, you are still using verizon data. I guess many folks don't know that they can do that and so there is not too much traffic on their network - SO FAR.