Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i tried the gps on blackberry maps and it is stuck on searching for satellite.... ... BlackBerry GPS forum

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4

gps

Advertisement

i tried the gps on blackberry maps and it is stuck on searching for satellite.... it has been doing that for an hour and no luck.... any ideas?

also... is it possible to use the gps on google maps? if so how do you activate it on google maps"?

thanks

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: gps

i don't think i had to make any choices in google maps....it was automatic

i used google maps and telenav with the 8800 with no issues...

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I've never used bbmaps, but telenav is extremely easy to use. I love it. I have gps with google maps too, but honestly since I got telenav I havnt used it.

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Although I heard a lot of good things about google maps, is telenav actually better? I currently am using BB maps and so far hasn't had any problems whatsoever.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

where do i get telenav?

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

its probably included in the applications. If you hit the menu key while at home screen and select show all it might pop up. I used the same scenario on my 8800. But i believe you have to pay for it since it directed me to the browser for a trial. Besides, the Maps program on the 8800 works just fine and i also have google maps installed for free. Both apps were free.

Why pay, if you can get it for free?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by jgirly2
    Although I heard a lot of good things about google maps, is telenav actually better?
    Depends on your needs. Telenav has voice prompts and reroutes faster based on my experience. I find that the former is a must-have for in-car navigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinpoint
    Besides, the Maps program on the 8800 works just fine and i also have google maps installed for free. Both apps were free.

Why pay, if you can get it for free?
    Because BB Maps has a lot of trouble acquiring satellite and updating maps (while none of the other GPS apps I have loaded have these issues) and neither it nor Google Maps offers voice prompts. Again, it depends on your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by inc188
    where do i get telenav?
    Have you tried their web site??
    Last edited by takeshi; 07-05-2007 at 11:22 AM.

navenik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2097EC9E

I have been using the mobile maps at Yahoo!Go for a few days now. It automatically renders your maps as you drive along. It is free and loads quicker than than the Google Maps (IMO). Just do a google search for Yahoo!Go... good luck. No voice option, though...

Navenik...

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Did you put in your approximate location via BBMaps? I have found that with a great many GPS devices, you need to put in your approximate location so the device can orient itself to where the best satellite views would be. Some of the earlier Garmin handhelds said to locate yourself within 500 miles. Didn't see that requirement with the BB8800 however.

You should also be outside in a clear area with a clear view of the sky to get a good position fix.

temoore no está en línea Stack level 1

I have also found that going to options>advanced>gps and select refresh GPS, then going to the application allows it to immediately show the location works well if you have any trouble getting location from within an application.

Wow. Thaks a lot everyone. I try to get yahoo go but it says its not available for the 8830 yet.

After looking around my screen I found the bell mobility version of telenav. They are calling it GPS nav & offcourse it costs.

I try to go under options to refresh gps but it does not give me the option to do so. I don't know why?

Voice would be good but I wanna try & see how this works & how much I will be using it. If I use it a lot then I might pay the 10/month.

But I still have no luck getting the gps to work. It is still stuck on searching for satellite. :@

Thnk

PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Quote Originally Posted by inc188

Wow. Thaks a lot everyone. I try to get yahoo go but it says its not available for the 8830 yet.

After looking around my screen I found the bell mobility version of telenav. They are calling it GPS nav & offcourse it costs.

I try to go under options to refresh gps but it does not give me the option to do so. I don't know why?

Voice would be good but I wanna try & see how this works & how much I will be using it. If I use it a lot then I might pay the 10/month.

But I still have no luck getting the gps to work. It is still stuck on searching for satellite. :@

Thnk
    Are you using the 8703 and trying to get GPS with that device or are you using a GPS puck attached to your 8703e? I don't think the 8703 series has GPS. The 8800 is the only BB with operating/built in GPS.
    Last edited by Dubdub; 07-06-2007 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubdub
    Are you using the 8703 and trying to get GPS with that device or are you using a GPS puck attached to your 8703e? I don't think the 8703 series has GPS. The 8800 is the only BB with operating/built in GPS.
    sorry i hav not changed my profile... i hv an 8830 with bell mobility....

PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

OK. Does the 8830 have GPS enabled? I know Verizon has it disabled, but Sprint is supposed to have it available on their 8830. I am not familiar with Bell Mobility.

Maybe time to call tech support?

it is enlabed.... i got it figured out... it takes a while for the satelites to find it and i have to be totally out side for it to work...

one thing i didnt like is that the google maps gives me a map within 40 meters... i tried it a few times it was way off the target.. i dont know whats happening..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast