I am new to this whole BB stuff and i just got a pearl from ... BlackBerry GPS forum

BarboneNY no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Gps

Advertisement

I am new to this whole BB stuff and i just got a pearl from t-mobile 4 days ago and i love it. I also got the unlimited internet on it wich s freaking cool anyway my question is what kinda of GPS antena should i buy and what software should i use for navigation. I drive alot to different places and i would like to use my BB as a navigation.
    Can anyone help me with this ?

Matthew_L84 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'd like to know as well

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    There are a few navigation apps out there, both free and subscription.
    Free:
    Google Maps www.google.com/gmm (visit from BB Browser)
    BB Maps (pre-installed on your bb)
    Subscription:
    Telenav www.telenav.com

There are a couple of discussions/threads on here regarding Bluetooth GPS receivers and which ones are best. I don't think too many people have actually tried them out, so the 'reviews' are scarce.
    Try this site out. Someone listed it last week I believe.
    http://www.buygpsnow.com/bluetooth-gps_9.aspx

sealab2021 no está en línea Stack level 1
    if you don't have a GPS system for your car the BT GPS unit for your phone is a good idea. Bare in mind that you probebly won't want to use it all the time, its really handy when your going to someplace you don't know very well. The google maps is a app to load because you can search for businesses and get their address and then add that to the BB maps preloaded for the GPS capability.

Yahoo maps is working on a similar application like google maps, but is supposed to have GPS support. When this gets released or when google adds that functionality to it, you can bet the GPS will be worth it.

Also, the BT GPS unit can be used on your laptop computer via BT. Its really functional to have a separate unit without wires because with GPS, you need a clear signal, and BT gives you the ability to put it in your car with out being bothered by having a wire in the way, especially when you have passengers.

BarboneNY no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by sealab2021
    if you don't have a GPS system for your car the BT GPS unit for your phone is a good idea. Bare in mind that you probebly won't want to use it all the time, its really handy when your going to someplace you don't know very well. The google maps is a app to load because you can search for businesses and get their address and then add that to the BB maps preloaded for the GPS capability.

Yahoo maps is working on a similar application like google maps, but is supposed to have GPS support. When this gets released or when google adds that functionality to it, you can bet the GPS will be worth it.

Also, the BT GPS unit can be used on your laptop computer via BT. Its really functional to have a separate unit without wires because with GPS, you need a clear signal, and BT gives you the ability to put it in your car with out being bothered by having a wire in the way, especially when you have passengers.
    thats the whole ideea behing it to get a BT GPS reciver and then trow it somewer in the car and then u got gps.
    how about microsoft street and trips 2006 with gps locatoe for pocket pcs, etc. Has anyone used it before ?