I have a BB Curve 8330 running 4.5.0.77 (beta) OS and DM 4.6 and Google ... BlackBerry GPS forum

jeanne4kats no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30D4E203

Google Maps won't load !!

Advertisement

I have a BB Curve 8330 running 4.5.0.77 (beta) OS and DM 4.6 and Google Maps won't load. It starts and then shuts down. I use the Sprint Navigation or it is enabled so don't know if that has anything to do with it, but I do know that when I first installed Google Maps it ran just fine, so I am assuming it either had something to do with Sprint Navigation or upgrading the OS.
    Anyone got an suggestions?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Did you try deleting and re-installing google maps? It works fine on my Alltel 8330 on the same OS, and I use Telenav.....I also deleted Blackberry maps....see if that helps. Also which version of Google maps is it?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    30D4E203
    2.2?? I know it was the one for blackberry mobiles I am going to delete blackberry maps and then reinstall google and see what happens, I guess I can reinstall BB maps if it doesn't work

PIN/ID
    30D4E203
    Well, I uninstalled BB Maps first, then I also uninstalled Google Maps, then redownloaded and reinstalled Google Maps again, still same thing, it tries to load and then it goes back to home screen.
    I then uninstalled again and then used phone to go google maps and did a OTA download and no go, I honestly think it is the OS version I am using, so would it be safe to uninstall OS (I am using 4.5.0.77) and DM version is 4.6.
    What is the instructions for removing on version and installing another?
    I know others are having trouble with this very thing, and some running 4.5 aren't having any trouble at all but I do believe it is the .77 beta version that is causing the problem. I just would like someone to advise on the situation.

PLEASE!!!!!

Well, maybe it is a conflict with sprint nav or something. Because I am running the same OS as you but it's working for me. Weird...

Anyway, to downgrade, what you need to do is delete the 4.5.0.77 os from your PC, download and run/execute whatever 8330 OS you want to use instead. If it's the 4.3 from your carrier you don't need to delte the vendor .xml.

Then hook up the BB to your PC, open the Desktop Manager and you should be prompted to downgrade. DM version 4.6 works fine with BBs running OS 4.3 so there's no need to downgrade that.
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    30D4E203

OK could I be wrong????

Ok, I might have this all wrong on my previous post. I am using the Sprint Naviation GPS but I am not trying to activate google maps on the GPS, I wanted to use Google Maps as a "stand alone program" as if I didn't have GPS so it that possible?
    you know like I use to on my Palm, but of course I couldn't get "my location" on the Palm so is Google Maps accessible without GPS? They aren't tied into each other some how are they?
    Gosh, I hate to keep asking these questions, but that is how we learn all these things!! So I hope someone understands what I am ting to say and explain if there is an answer out there.

It should still work, even without the GPS. For me, google maps can't find my location unless Telenav has my current loaction and I leave it running in the background.

But even if I don't want to use google maps for GPS or local search....I can still use the app. Even if it isn't accessing my location, I can still search addresses, zoom, pan, and otherwise use the application. So they are not tied to each other, just for me, Telenav makes the GPS part of my location with google maps work better.
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    30D4E203
    Well, I give up, I reinstalled the BB Maps and will just leave it at that. Seems as though I am beating a dead horse here so will work on trying to understand all of this before I actually go and download it.
    This is sooooo...... overwhelming, all that BB has to offer and it takes time so I am going to have to slow down and smell the coffee......

honeybumpin no está en línea Stack level 1

Google Maps won't load fix

I had the issue of Google Maps opening and then closing real quick. I uninstalled and then reinstalled, but that was unsuccessful. I then went to Settings>Options>Advanced Options>Applications>Google Maps, then click the menu button and edit permissions. There you need to change the connections and Interactions to "allow" and save the change. After that, when you go back into Google Maps, it should load for you. Good luck!

graychicago no está en línea Stack level 1

That last one worked for me

I have a new blackberry storm and google maps would not load. I tried the fix above and it worked like a charm. No need to uninstall BB maps. Just need to give it permission in the application list in Options.