Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

+1 on address book import. This would also be a nice feature with Google maps.... BlackBerry GPS forum

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Google Maps with GPS

Advertisement

+1 on address book import. This would also be a nice feature with Google maps.

raphaelsamad no está en línea Stack level 2

Google maps seems to work brilliantly - can anyone tell me how it works ie. what the application on my BB does and what is downloaded as Maps are used? My guess would be the application software is what was installed on to my BB and that the map data is downloaded 'on the fly' as and when it is asked for. Any ideas?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

you are correct
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I love the sattelite view option its like playing a driving video game with real city graphics

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Hmm. Anyone have a tip as to get my location to show up on here? I'm on a Sprint 8703e, I have "location on" under the Location based services. I also checked the permissions for the Google Maps GPS portion. But, when I turn on the app, I don't see the little dot (my location) that I'm supposed to be able to. Thanks for any help.

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I would give it some time to load. If it doesn't you might have older version of gmaps. One way to check is by going to Menu then selecting Help. If you see GPS option there then your version is current. I don't know of any settings for gps, it should start auto. Then by pressing "0" it should take you to your location

bbpearlrox no está en línea Stack level 3

I Get A Weird Error When I Did The Ota Download. The Icon Is Of Like A Black Dos Box? I Get A Huge Weird Error Message?!

bbpearlrox no está en línea Stack level 3

My Tcp Is Already Set At Wap.voicestream.com For Tmobile. I Have The Unlimited Data Plan As Well

andykhoang no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f25cd0

Can't believe the GPS software included wanted $9.99 per month to use the GPS with BB maps. IT WAS FREE with GoogleMaps. Thumbs up Big Brother!

chewybrain no está en línea Stack level 1

Anyone get BB Maps or Google Maps working on a Verizon 8830?

stevebutabi no está en línea Stack level 1

I just installed the app and the maps work fine, but the GPS does not. After a couple of minutes of searching, it tells me that my signal is too weak to pinpoint my location. I don't get it, because my phone service is working fine, I can send/received data and calls with no problem.

Any advice? I'm located in Puerto Rico, so maybe that's it (though the maps work fine here).

Thanks!

nimocone no está en línea Stack level 3

The gps works through the built-in antenna to receive signals and not through the phone service. Make sure you are either outside to get a strong signal or near a window that has a clear view of the sky.

bigredman no está en línea Stack level 1

Works great, I have 1.5.2 version...Only one thing, sometimes it asks to find me and now it doesnt, anyone know what to press so that it finds your location on demand....It used to ask me to press 0 to find where I am...It never asks me and I have been unable to locate myself recently on the device

damageinc no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23fca7de

It downloaded fine but is stuck on the second page of terms and conditions.Ishut it down and restarted it and still the same.

scooter` no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by chewybrain
    Anyone get BB Maps or Google Maps working on a Verizon 8830?
    The VZ 8830WE works fine with Google maps (and others) but has the GPS disabled for applications. They are going to release their own GPS enabled navigation and charge a monthly fee instead. Gotta love those guys... charging for something that is already built into the hardware! The only way around it is to get a bluetooth GPS receiver.

I hope someone finds a hack to enable the internal GPS.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast