Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by abad Yup I'm using an 8310 and I can definitely tell that ... BlackBerry GPS forum

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Google Maps 2.02

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by abad View Post
    Yup I'm using an 8310 and I can definitely tell that its a lot slower then the previous version.skelzer has a good point, anyone have a link to the previous version
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Same here on my 8703e -- just edit the v2.0.2 link for your particular device to reflect 2.0.1 (i.e., I changed two instances of "2.0.2" to "2.0.1").

nateshiner no está en línea Stack level 2

When I went from 2.0 to 2.1 it wasn't because google mobile updater said there was a new version...I found out on this forum. Not sure what kind of new version is necessary for updater to show another version is available... ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by nateshiner View Post
    When I went from 2.0 to 2.1 it wasn't because google mobile updater said there was a new version...I found out on this forum. Not sure what kind of new version is necessary for updater to show another version is available... ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    My guess is that beta versions may not be reported by the version checker.

rabbott no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks for the heads-up about the Curve slow-down issues, I'll hold off on upgrading this outstanding app for the moment

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I think I'll hold off too. 2.01 is working fine for me so far, no one seems to know any changes yet for the new version.

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3

In case anyone is still stuck with 2.0.2, I went back to the google.com/gmm and 2.0.1 prompted for install. Google rolled back its version, at least for the 8700g.

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by data1025 View Post
    In case anyone is still stuck with 2.0.2, I went back to the google.com/gmm and 2.0.1 prompted for install. Google rolled back its version, at least for the 8700g.
    Yep, I noticed this as well on my curve. It looks like they were having a ton of problems with 2.0.2, so rolled it back.

tj2311111 Guest

I was using this until last week. I wasnt noticing the lag in the beginning. But then last week it was lagging bad and wouldnt work how it use to. I rolled back to 2.0.1 and I believe google pulled 2.0.2 from their site after all the problems.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Me too - it took a while - it was ok at 1st but I'm downloading 2.0.1 now. Another example of rushing to release a product before it's ready. I'm reminded of the adage, "If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to have time to do it over?" I wish these folks would slow down a little - it'd be better and more cost effective in the long run. Jivetalk and a few others could learn this lesson too.

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Me too - it took a while - it was ok at 1st but I'm downloading 2.0.1 now. Another example of rushing to release a product before it's ready. I'm reminded of the adage, "If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to have time to do it over?" I wish these folks would slow down a little - it'd be better and more cost effective in the long run. Jivetalk and a few others could learn this lesson too.
    Well, I'd have to say the end users like us are partially to blame for that. Developers are constantly getting barraged by us to fix bugs, add new features, etc, and they feel pressured to release new versions quickly in order to appease the masses. But I agree with you, all that results in is introducing even more bugs, and instead of making us happy campers we're even more dissatisfied. Official releases definitely shouldn't be that buggy. Of course a lot of developers these days knowingly release half-finished products as complete expecting the end user to act as beta testers. In JiveTalk's defense, at least they admit when a release IS beta (like the newest 1.0.4), and bugs are to be expected.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Bonebox,

You're right and I should probably keep my comments to myself. Sometimes the former software developer comes out in me. I did development for banking software for over 19 years and no one would allow a "program exception" in response to a deposit, automated bill payment, etc.

On Jivetalk, did you get my PM earlier?

Thanks,
    jb

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Bonebox,

You're right and I should probably keep my comments to myself. Sometimes the former software developer comes out in me. I did development for banking software for over 19 years and no one would allow a "program exception" in response to a deposit, automated bill payment, etc.

On Jivetalk, did you get my PM earlier?

Thanks,
    jb
    Yeah, I hear you. I recently managed a banking software development company's IT infrastructure for a few years. I finally got off that account, thank God. Talk about stressful. People don't play around when it comes to their money!

I did see your PM earlier but wasn't able to respond at the time and forgot about it. I'll send you a reply.

[IFC]Area51 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I'm using ver 2.01 on my 8310 & it's just OK in terms of speed. Accuracy is pretty good, & it would be my guess that given some time, Googles next rev will have these issues sorted out.

Bottom line, in my opinion since it's free you cannot lose.
    ~via Red BB 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I agree, being a free mapping and gps solution, you just CAN'T go wrong. I use it almost everyday for work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12