Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by lindycu I just installed this application, but I get error "net.rim.device.api.system.CoverageInfo". This ... BlackBerry GPS forum

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Google Maps 1.60 released

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by lindycu
    I just installed this application, but I get error "net.rim.device.api.system.CoverageInfo". This is on a Verizon 8703e device. I believe this application is written for OS 4.2, so it has an issue with the base OS on this handheld. Why do they offer this download for the 8703e if it does not work?!?!?
    The current link that is automatically selected for the VZW 8703e shows v1.6 for an OS 4.2 device, which as you pointed out, is not the case. Use the v1.5.4 link further up in this thread until Google gets their configuration management in order.

lindycu no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319BDB8B

For those using a Verizon 8703e with standard OS, please let me know if you get 1.6 to work. I have reverted back to 1.5.4 per the link above.

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3

I just DL the new version... but it didn't install over or delete my previous version as it usually does.

When I went to the options menu to delete the old version (1.5) it isn't displayed...

I guess I am going to delete the new one and hope it deletes both then re-install

Quote Originally Posted by robertmrome
    I just DL the new version... but it didn't install over or delete my previous version as it usually does.

When I went to the options menu to delete the old version (1.5) it isn't displayed...

I guess I am going to delete the new one and hope it deletes both then re-install
    If you have Google Services also installed, v1.5.4 may be controlled via the Google Services Settings within Options -- you can either de-select Google Maps to uninstall, or uninstall all of Google Services.

jayfreeman no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it just the Curve that has the GPS option missing in the menu on 1.6?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Is it just the Curve that has the GPS option missing in the menu on 1.6?
    Last edited by jayfreeman; 08-17-2007 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Automerged.

liltiki no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24056bd4

Quote Originally Posted by robertmrome

Go to Options, Modules, Google Pack (or google services), press menu - the separate modules for the old versions are all there.

wasafiri no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by jayfreeman
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Is it just the Curve that has the GPS option missing in the menu on 1.6?
    Yes unfortunately it seems to be the Curve that has fallen victim to this, and it's not just Google Maps, it's Blackberry Maps, too! Version 1.2.28 (the latest one, as far as I'm aware) removes the GPS option, just as 1.6.0 did on Google Maps.

For Curve users who have a GPS puck, I recommend using BB Maps 1.2.26 and Google Maps 1.5.4 until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by wasafiri
    Yes unfortunately it seems to be the Curve that has fallen victim to this, and it's not just Google Maps, it's Blackberry Maps, too! Version 1.2.28 (the latest one, as far as I'm aware) removes the GPS option, just as 1.6.0 did on Google Maps.

For Curve users who have a GPS puck, I recommend using BB Maps 1.2.26 and Google Maps 1.5.4 until further notice.
    And the v1.6.1 release is still a no-go for the 8703e, as well -- this time the OTA installer is available, but the application aborts with a fatal error upon launch. Back to v1.5.4 until they get their act together!

matthiasj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243C4CBB

Quote Originally Posted by wasafiri

this is the biggest bunch of bull**** i've ever seen. i cant believe that curve users have lost gps support for 2 good mapping programs. Mapquest Navigator is my fav out of them all and its gps function works great.

crackie no está en línea Stack level 2

i just downloaded the 1.6.1 on my nextel bb, and google maps is saying network failure, but everything else works?

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

I upgraded to the new release of google maps, 1.61 and it still has the GPS function on my pearl. I just wished google would fix it so that it does not ask to turn on bt when I use it.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

this app really FAILED in my opinion the other day.

I was in stop and go traffic leaving work and needed to find another way around the mess so i could get to my 2nd job. so i open it up and bam i'm hit with the policy and procedures crap AGAIN, which took several minutes to load. finally i was able to to accept and move on. then the initial view it gives you is of the entire USA. So i had to zoom in like 10x to finally get to street level. which all the zooming took probably another 3-5 mins. finally i get it where i need to be and get back on my way. i kept scrolling along the street i was traveling so i knew where to turn, etc and still more timely loading and then the damn map had blank spots in it.

needless to say i was irrate by this point and ready to chunk the whole phoneout of the window!!!!!! i had full EDGE, battery strength and signal. it is not good on the fly like that at all.........thisisn't the first time this app has failed in my opinion. it's good if you can foresee you needing to use it so you can deal with the loading times otherwise, if for some reason you need out of a jam real quick, might as well pull over and wait.

jayfreeman no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~version 1.2.28 bb maps is working with gps on my curve.

matthiasj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243C4CBB
    Quote Originally Posted by jayfreeman
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~version 1.2.28 bb maps is working with gps on my curve.
    What carrier?

ajallen no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~OOPS.(Reguarding above blank post. Clicked button thinking that would give me "get link" to then start typing) Am still new to BB and Posts. Back to question. Will the new ver 1.6.1 support internal GPS on the 8703 like BBmaps does?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast