I just D/Led the Garmin GPS and it works really nice. I was wondering if ... BlackBerry GPS forum

artjr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31006C6F

Garmin vs AT&T Navigator!

Advertisement

I just D/Led the Garmin GPS and it works really nice. I was wondering if I could uninstall the AT&T Navigator and just use Garmin? Right now I use AT&T Navigator with that Telanav service for $10.00 a month unlimited. Could I cancel the Telanav and just use Garmin or would I still have to have Telanav installed to operate Garmin? I have the Bold. I would just like to operate Garmin and do away with AT&T Navigator and Telanav. That way I would save on that $10 a month and just pay the $99 for Garmin. I am also thinking thats a one time $99 for Garmin, unless I am mistaken on that.

Art
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and Human stupidity; and I am not sure about the former.
    A. Einstein
    BlackBerry PIN# 24A12B7D

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Art,

Yes, you can unistall TeleNav, but that won't automatically cancel your service. You need to call AT&T and have them remove it from your services.

You are correct that Garmin is a one-time fee.....that is for the life of the particular device you're putting it on. If you get a new device 6 months down the road, guess what? You need to re-up your Garmin service. So, if you're planning on keeping your Bold for a couple of years, it's definitely worth the switch.

Cheers,
    Roger

temoore no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up re Garmins good service

I had Garmin on my 8820. When I bought the Bold, I emailed them and asked if I had to repurchase for my Bold. I received and email saying that since I had not previously asked for a reinstall, they would allow me one. They sent me the new link and I have it on the Bold without having to purchase it a second time. They said that next time I would need to repurchase. Good service from Garmin!

Caligula no está en línea Stack level 2
    Wow, that is good service. I saw the Garmin deal and thought about it, but I think I will be making a purchase.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    I liked the 5 for $5 At&t had going on Telenav...but they cut that out

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    TeleNav offers a one-time $99 purchase too, I believe.

I do admit that I truly love TeleNav and the the browser integration and call-in feature. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hm, hadn't seen that Tre. I'll have to check that out.

I love my AT&T Nav as well!

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Rogro, yep, pretty impressive. They have browser plugins for Firefox and IE. On Firefox, all you have to do is highlight an address and click the TeleNav button, and you can sync to device OTA.

You can also call in an address or location over the phone through the program.
    Pretty nifty.