Well, it arrived today, but I didn't take it outside that long. The unit had ... BlackBerry GPS forum

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3

Garmin Mobile XT

Advertisement

Well, it arrived today, but I didn't take it outside that long. The unit had a hard time acquiring signal, which is not a surprise since I live in an area of highrise buildings which makes GPS acquisition a pain. What's funny is that in the box, it came with a car adapter and not an AC adapter, so I had to use my Blackberry's mini-USB charger to get it charged.

It paired just fine with my BB, although I'm not sure what steps to take to ensure that it's talking to the BB just fine and that I can see signal/sat chatter. I did attempt to pair with my Macbook only to find out that OS X is stupid and only recognized it as a COM port.

More later, I'll take it out for a beating soon.

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3

Re: Garmin Mobile XT

So I took my two BB's and the Garmin Mobile XT to Chicago's Millennium Park today and was able to use them just fine. I didn't realize that Google Maps would claim that they had my position down to within 20 meters of where I was (I brought my Garmin Edge 305 and was getting a sub 10' accuracy). It worked just fine with my 8700 and my 8320.