both of these products do the same thing. i wanted to know if people have ... BlackBerry GPS forum

cingularkid no está en línea Stack level 1

garmin gps vs telenav gps

Advertisement

both of these products do the same thing. i wanted to know if people have tried the garmin gps and have had a better result. i only know users that subscribe to telenav.

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5

Re: garmin gps vs telenav gps

Dont forget Mapquest Navigator too.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I've never used both. Telenav works really well for me. Part of the point of getting a BB for me was convergence (i.e. fewer devices -- not more).

ssullivan8130 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by cingularkid View Post
    both of these products do the same thing. i wanted to know if people have tried the garmin gps and have had a better result. i only know users that subscribe to telenav.

I have a Garmin 60CS Hand Held GPS, I use for GeoCaching, etc. I have been under alot of canopy with my phone, but my 8130 seems to work just as good if not better, anywhere else.

Bob G no está en línea Stack level 2

I tried the Garmin S/W for BB. It is the same price as TeleNav ($10/month), but I thought it sucked in comparison. Here are my notes:
    • Has potential, but missing basic functionality, so this product is not even competitive in its present form.
    • BB UI violation: Menu and Escape keys are disabled.
    • Ugly, confusing maps; large, all caps font
    • No contacts lookup
    • Volume rocker is disabled

I use MapQuest because it has "night mode" and I got it on sale for $5/month. But if I had to pay $10/month, I'd get TeleNav. Among navigation software at that price, it clearly is the best.

mike mikeŠ no está en línea Stack level 2

i have the garmin mobile application for my BB curve 8320 .. and the garmin mobile 10x gps bluetooth .. u have to pay a 99 suscription fee to garmin .. which i thought was crazy but later appreciated because u git live traffic , weather and map updates as part of your package ..... the points of interest are soo easy to find . and its seriously easy to use .. has a LONG batter life over 22 hours .. and doesnt seem to drain my BB ... it works with all the map applications as well like BB maps and google maps .. but the garmin app it self is GREAT ... its pretty much like having the expensive garmin gps
    voice directions say street names and vividly describe wut to do .. its not jus the generic "turn left at rd ahead"

franklinmall no está en línea Stack level 1
    I finally figured out how to add addresses and look up businesses on the web and synchronize them to my Navigator's "Favorites". If anyone is interested here is the link: http://my.telenav.com