I am pleased to announce a new beta release of Beyond411 that supports location based ... BlackBerry GPS forum

philbo no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb Free GPS Support in Beyond411

Advertisement

I am pleased to announce a new beta release of Beyond411 that supports location based search using GPS. For example, you can do yellow page searches and get driving directions from your current location, wherever you are.

This release retains the customary Beyond411 focus on performance. I use background GPS lookups and location updates while the app is running to minimize the time that users spend waiting for results.

You can install the 4.20 beta release over-the-air from http://thebogles.com/beta/b411.jad. Please note this is a beta release and you may encounter bumps in the road; let me know of any issues.

Of course GPS functionality is only enabled on Blackberries that support GPS, e.g. the 8800 series. To turn on GPS search mode, select GPS from the location drop down at the top right of the search screen.

Thanks to geonames.org for a reverse geocoding web service licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
    Last edited by philbo; 06-14-2007 at 02:28 AM.

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

Re: Free GPS Support in Beyond411

Thanks philbo, will give it try....

sickened no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    dont ask

everytime i do a search in my 8800 using the gps i get uncought exception error. and then i cannot restart 411 till i reboot my phone.

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

coo too bad my 7105t does not have gps

philbo no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by sickened
    everytime i do a search in my 8800 using the gps i get uncought exception error. and then i cannot restart 411 till i reboot my phone.
    sickened mentioned that he went to a slightly older OS version and this error went away. There is also an updated 4.20 release that has some improvements.

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

honestly... this app couldn't get much better...

hey philbo, can you add a menu option in the telephone section of the blackberry to do reverse phone lookup, like you have in the address book?

liltiki no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24056bd4

Can anyone out there using a gps puck with Beyond411 help me with getting mine to work with the curve? I don't get the gps option , although the ap says gps available. Also getting a lot of java errors.

I see this problem a lot on the boards but there is never a fix.... anyone else succesful with this?

Thanks

captain6497 no está en línea Stack level 2

my 8703 and bt-359 doesn't work. I guess it only has GPS support for the internal GPS....