Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I installed Nav4All this afternoon, and ever since I haven't been getting my e-mails (from ... BlackBerry GPS forum

GeneralMayhem no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Nav4All broke my e-mail?

Advertisement

I installed Nav4All this afternoon, and ever since I haven't been getting my e-mails (from a Yahoo account), but when I check online I see the e-mails that have come since the install. I even tried having my blackberry mail service book resent, but still nothing. Did installing nav4all alter some setting somewhere, or is it merely a coincinence?

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Free GPS Nav4All

it might be interfereing with ur email somehow. Uninstall the program and see if that doesnt kick in ur emails again
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

I decided to do try downloading the service books yet again, and then doing a Soft Reset first, just in case. It seems to have solved the issue.

I take it back. I got 2 emails after rebooting, but nothing since (sending myself test e-mails). I then uninstalled Nav4all, and rebooted. Still nothing. Could this simply be a push e-mail problem because of the holiday traffic?

RePhlux no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2055CF73

Post Re: Free GPS Nav4All

I have a Blackberry 8700 and I installed the newest version of this program with no issue. I had a couple problems downloading the audio for the instructions at first but I found out that was a permission issue. The only beef I have with this software is a lack of info on the various features you can change in the settings and I get a message that pops up everytime I start the application that says it is requesting permission changes and no matter what permissions I change to allow it still comes up. I figured out that if I just view the permission change window and then hit the escape button the program loads and works fine.

I've emailed Nav4All a few suggestions for Blackberry uses such as utilizing the keys better to support more on the fly changes by pressing one button. Also to support audio instructions over a wireless bluetooth headset or in car hands free audio (it does attempt to work on my headset but the whole instruction does not say, or it says only one word of the instruction... this could be an issue with my headset though, not sure). Other than that, the program seems to work well, once you have all your favorites saved it's really easy to navigate to different locations and being a free app is definitely a huge plus.

jbunji no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have an 8700 and have recently installed this program. The problem is it can't find the internal gps. This does have one right? I just got it. if so, how do I fix this?

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

I used this today for the first time. I'm quite happy with it. I have a holux puck and a parrott blue tooth car kit. The voice direction came out through the car radio. It stopped the music and told me the turn to take. It is a bit tricky to use but does what it says on the tin and is free.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tomvb2000 no está en línea Stack level 3

It's worked well with my 8300 Curve and GPS puck. For a free Nav app, I'm pretty happy with it.

lito16 no está en línea Stack level 2

I just installed it and after a restart tried to start it but got a startApp Error. I have th 8310 on AT&T. I also have OS 4.2.2.170 (Platform 2.5.0.30). Has anyone seen this or know how to fix it?

sheeep no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm using this on my 8700 with a GPS puck and I'm totally in love with it!

Don't listen to people complaining about the lack of fancy 3D graphics and that kind of thing (I read quite a few reviews on this before purchasing my GPS receiver) - the spoken instructions are always very clear and accurate plus the text / 2D symbols instructions offered by the app really are all you need to find your way around effectively.

Also, route calculation and recalculation are extremely quick and low-bandwith. A 800 km journey I planned for fun didn't use more than a few KB of data and recalculation is done within a few seconds after taking a wrong turn.

P.S.: And yes, the interface is indeed quite basic but I don't mind in the least as it definitly does well what it does!

@ jbunji
    In case you didn't figure it out yet: the 8700 does NOT have an internal GPS ;-).
    Last edited by sheeep; 02-16-2008 at 07:08 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12