Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Found this free voice direction GPS app http://www.nav4all.com/mobi/eng/language.html~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ http://www.nav4all.com/mobi/eng/language.html... BlackBerry GPS forum

twillingham no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C83A8

Advertisement

Found this free voice direction GPS app

http://www.nav4all.com/mobi/eng/language.html~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

http://www.nav4all.com/mobi/eng/language.html
    Last edited by reddog187; 12-27-2007 at 09:22 PM.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Free GPS Nav4All

looks like a very basic app to me
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

twillingham no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C83A8

Your correct harry. This is a very basic aNd somewhat tedious app to get directions. Iam going to give it a run tomm on my way to work and give a review~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

I have used it, for free it is not bad. Still looking for another free nav app for my BB that will give me turn by turn directions like this.

Ivan6479 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f3eecf

Hello I have downloaded this software for my pearl and I can't get it to work. When I try searching my location it just tells me that it is waiting for GPS. Do I need to pair it with another GPS system before I can use it? Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ivan

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan6479 View Post
    Hello I have downloaded this software for my pearl and I can't get it to work. When I try searching my location it just tells me that it is waiting for GPS. Do I need to pair it with another GPS system before I can use it? Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ivan
    Your profile says that your have a Pearl. The pearl doesn't have a built in GPS. You will need to purchase a bluetooth GPS receiver and pair it with your pearl to use any GPS software.

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812

I have the 8310 and I get the same response so I went with infospace find it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan6479 View Post

Ivan
    Once you go BlackBerry you never go back!

oBBsessed no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Got this yesterday and have been trying it out--not bad for a free app. My wife asked, "Why does it sound British?" (I had chosen the British female voice.)

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Did you have any problems with it finding the gps in your 8800? Does it just take a long time the first time?

Tucker

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812

does nav4all work with the 8310 internal gps or do I need a bluetooth gps?
    Once you go BlackBerry you never go back!

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Supposedly yes, though I'm trying to solve that issue now. It keeps saying "waiting for gps" and in settings for nav4all it says "inactive". If nobody has any ideas I'm going to try moving on to other programs to try.

Tucker

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by iridemybike View Post
    Did you have any problems with it finding the gps in your 8800? Does it just take a long time the first time?

Tucker
    If I'm outside, no problems--seems to grab a GPS signal quicker than Google Maps. Indoors, not as good, but that's to be expected.

If I have problems, I usually go to Options > Advanced Options > GPS and choose "Refresh GPS" using the menu key. Outdoors or at least near a window seems to work best.

kaseymac no está en línea Stack level 1

I loaded the software, but my service provider is T-mobile and I get an error message that I have no GPRS. Is there anyway to get the software to work otherwise? What am I missing?

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by kaseymac View Post
    I loaded the software, but my service provider is T-mobile and I get an error message that I have no GPRS. Is there anyway to get the software to work otherwise? What am I missing?
    If you have an 8100/Pearl, you'll need a Bluetooth GPS receiver to get the GPS signal--it doesn't have built-in GPS.

Specs no está en línea Stack level 5

I downloaded the latest version to my T Mobile 8310 and had the same problem "No GPS Found" even though I have the built in GPS which works fine with Google and BB Maps. I tried a battery pull but it made no difference.
    In the end I went to the Application menu from Options, then Edit Permissions, then Expand. I think I just switched Bluetooth to 'Deny' and save the changes.
    I then got a message saying that the device needed to be restarted so I allowed it.
    On reboot it said the application permissions were being changed, I allowed that.
    A few minutes later - after rebooting it worked! Satellites and maps all ok.
    I dunno what did it but it worked for me, just thought I'd share it in case it can get you a free GPS system working.
    Good Luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast