Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

I would like to see the next update changed to list the closest addresses to ... BlackBerry GPS forum

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Free GPS Local Search Application

Advertisement

I would like to see the next update changed to list the closest addresses to your current position first in the search results, starting with the closest, then 2nd closest, and continuing on to the furthest away. I would think that would make the most sense logically. The current way of listing seems almost random. As it is, many times I have to scroll through several pages of results when the one I'm looking for is actually the closest to me.

Also the maps could use some work. Having to stop and download a new map any time you slightly adjust your position seems kind of archaic compared to most other apps like Google maps that download and update on the fly.

Finally, I agree with some of the other posters that the audible turn by turn directions are rather worthless in their current state; having to manually press a button to get the next direction. Kind of defeats the purpose.
    Last edited by bonebox; 01-15-2008 at 01:42 AM.

sunsetsweete no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FC7DBC

I dont understand how to get to the options part of this program and I also don't know how it works with the GPS. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetsweete View Post
    I dont understand how to get to the options part of this program and I also don't know how it works with the GPS. Anyone know?
    From the main menu when you first load the program if you click your BB menu key there should be an "Options" entry on the popup menu.

As for how it works with GPS, it automatically detects the address that you are currently nearest to via GPS, so when you search for businesses it will look for ones closest to that location.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Do I leave blackberry Maps on the bb and then install this app??
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2 View Post
    Do I leave blackberry Maps on the bb and then install this app??
    Not quite sure I understand your question. If you're asking if this app is a replacement for BBmaps, then definitely not, unless you only use BBmaps as a 411 lookup. The maps portion of this app still needs a lot of work imho, so I would leave BBmaps installed if you use it as a mapping solution.

Alva no está en línea Stack level 1

Does this work in Canada or just in the States?

Voyagger no está en línea Stack level 1

really nice app works in the caribbean too..really nice
    Voyagger

Voyagger no está en línea Stack level 1

only data charges will apply?
    Voyagger

angelcakes71577 no está en línea Stack level 1
    well, i just downloaded it, and i went to get directions, from my house to my dr for example...and it said "no directions available".. so i typed in some other requests for directions, and it kept coming up the same thing..."no directions available" Is it because my start localle is on a military base and the program doesn't have info on that? i'm gonna try another local zip code and see if that works...otherwise, i'll be extremely disappointed!

YankeeGrlC no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi there. I am confused... I got the curve yesterday and I am trying to get the GPS to work automatically when I start this app... because it isnt popping up to tell me its found my location. Any help?

n16ht5 no está en línea Stack level 2
    this would be 1000000 times better if it worked like a real GPS in my car and followed your position to give directions as you go, and rerouted you if you went off path

doodyhead no está en línea Stack level 1
    Looks like a nice app but it seems to be completely US-centric. I tried searching for local info for Ireland and it won't even let me change the country. Would love to see international support!

FYI - the developer has discontinued and is no longer supporting this app as of a few months ago. So you unfortunately won't be seeing any further updates to it, and it's possible it may stop functioning completely (I've heard a few reports of this).

They recommend Superpages Mobile as an alternative, although I can't get it to work at all for me. I personally recommend the Microsoft Live Search app.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789