Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Originally Posted by paulsbb Mabdul: BB 8800 - Cingular Please try this work around. 1.Make ... BlackBerry GPS forum

mabdul no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Free GPS Local Search Application

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by paulsbb
    Mabdul:
    BB 8800 - Cingular
    Please try this work around.

1.Make sure that wireless is turned on

2.Change TCP settings.
    • Go to Options > Advanced Options
    • Scroll down to TCP and click
    • APN: wap.cingular
    • Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    • Password: cingular1
    • Click menu button and save the changes

3.Change Firewall Settings.

• Go to Options > Security Options
    • Scroll down to Firewall and click
    • Click on menu button
    • Edit Default Permissions
    Connections: Allow
    Interactions: Allow
    User Data: Allow

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

I have been comparing this program to the free Beyond411/Berry411 and while they both work similiar, I get different results from each trying to do the same thing.

One search for "Amercian General" the finance company near my house InfoSpace shows AG on the 2nd page making the listing #9 with all kinds of things before it not even containing American General. B411 shows it as the very first choice.

I had the opposite experience when seeing what food places are near my home. InfoSpace listed them all correctly but B411 didnt even show the closest one right down the street.

I guess each program is good at some things and not good at others.

Both have nice maps and correct directions in my test. I do like InfoSpace FindIt interface better but I like how B411 gives you an option to save your finds to your address book.

pdqgp no está en línea Stack level 2

won't work

not sure why, but like the other poster, I'm simply getting a can't start message due to a network error.....yet my GPS and other apps that access the internet are working fine.

oh well...worth a try but no go on my 8800.

pdqgp no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: won't work

Okay, I went through uninstalled it, made the changes as noted above and then reinstalled it. Works now. The only thing is if I go to download the voice commands with the directions, it eventually tells me that it can't and gives me some reason....yadda, yadda....but that's okay.

I still will use it for locating nearby things, etc.....but TeleNav to get me there.

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp
    not sure why, but like the other poster, I'm simply getting a can't start message due to a network error.....yet my GPS and other apps that access the internet are working fine.

oh well...worth a try but no go on my 8800.

mabdul no está en línea Stack level 1

Mabdul:
    BB 8800 - Cingular
    Spoken directions work on my 8800 however I found one that has the same issue. We are looking into the issue and hopefully will let you know soon

paulsbb no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242C46E0

Amazing the voice works on yours. Work around is a joke. Maybe some other app may be bug free~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

torgerson no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by BoostBerry87
    Hey Torgerson,
    I was just wondering how we were looking to the zip file posting? I'm sorry to be annoyinh (if I am) I wish i had OTA download but I don't . I tryed downloading the Jad with my Download maniger and look for the Jar file URL but was unable to locate the full path, I jus found half the path to it. Thank you again, I have a BlackBerry 7520 on OS 4.1
    We should be able to get you an early version of the cable load. PM me with your phone and email.. and we will try that.
    -------------------------------------
    InfoSpace Find It!
    http://mobile.infospacefindit.com/

mrbigben no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~in canada it finds me but does not allow to search, is there an eta?

88HUNNIT no está en línea Stack level 2

unable to start infospace.. possible network probs.. ??????

BoostBerry87 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    N/A

I have had the app on my BB for three weeks now. Very nice... issue is that I cannot get the voice portion to work... has never worked..
    Same hear. I Can not get voice to work, then again, I don't even have a option to do voice anyware in the program, I guess the 7520 is unable to do voice with this program?

Also is there ANYWAY to make the "finding your location" any faster? my 7520 takes about 5 mins or MORE even when i have full service. I'm not understanding?

Thanks

torgerson no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by BoostBerry87
    Same hear. I Can not get voice to work, then again, I don't even have a option to do voice anyware in the program, I guess the 7520 is unable to do voice with this program?

Also is there ANYWAY to make the "finding your location" any faster? my 7520 takes about 5 mins or MORE even when i have full service. I'm not understanding?

Thanks
    Boostberry87,

Do you use the GPS for other applications? We make calls into RIM's API's to retrieve location, the timing is not something we have control over. With that said, I am surprised it is taking that long.. If you are in a location that timing is slow, you always have the option to turn that off through the options.
    -------------------------------------
    InfoSpace Find It!
    http://mobile.infospacefindit.com/

Granell1979 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~How do you change the apn?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~If tmonile is my Carrier what is the apn? Anyone please?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I currently have a BB 8100 and it's downloading find it correctly but I'am getting a Network error when I start the app. Tmobile is my carrier, can someone please tell me how to make this work? Thanks ahead of time!

chris.ruiz no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Free GPS Local Search Application

i'm new at this and i'm trying to get free GPS and themes. i got some but i'm trying to find a comic strip theme. i saw a girl with it on her blackberry and she said she got it on mobile.blackberry.com but i can't get on that website. i'm trying to get through zip files. not ota. also how do you find out your pin for your blackberry? i'appreciate the help anybody cangive me. thanks.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast