i'm thinking about ditching verizons 10 buck a month navigator. i rarely use it but ... BlackBerry GPS forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

free GPS?

Advertisement

i'm thinking about ditching verizons 10 buck a month navigator. i rarely use it but really hate to get rid of a pretty cool toy on my berry.is there anything close to turn by turn directions you can put on your berry for free? what is the best free GPS app?

jstplnfrank no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA472F
    I use Google Maps, and it's all I need most of the time. The newer versions are able to closely determine your position without even using your GPS capabilities.

I go to NYC often, and I use it there all of the time with no problem. I have a GPS puck that I pair it with if necessary.

I don't have the newer version that's supposed to respond to voice direction, but check it out here.

www.google.com/gmm

PIN/ID
    wut?
    what "GPS puck" do you use and does it give you turn by turn directions?

jstplnfrank no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA472F
    I have a Holux 1200 that I purchased used, and it gives me turn by turn directions, never had a problem~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    what "GPS puck" do you use and does it give you turn by turn directions?
    I just sold my GPS puck (G SAT 359) and bought a GPS unit for the car. Without voice instructions I wouldn't even consider it unless you have someone else drive or navigate. Just getting the instructions (visually) while driving is difficult to say the least.

If voice instructions are possible with Goggle Maps, etc., then it'd be worth it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    wut?
    thanks guys.i guess i may just keep paying verizon the 10 bucks a month.it does have the voice commands and is pretty cool to have with you if your in a car with someone who doesn't have gps.you can always whip out your friend and find your way.