Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Cool, thanks guys. I guess I'm still a bit curious for a few ballpark estimates, ... BlackBerry GPS forum

PrsPirate no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Free amAze GPS with Voice Command

Advertisement

Cool, thanks guys.

I guess I'm still a bit curious for a few ballpark estimates, even if they're ridiculously broad. I know when I load a google page with Opera mini, it will be like 4-7kb, so that's about 4-7 cents. I like knowing that, because it's easy to convince myself that what I just looked up was easily worth a nickel. But images tend to get pretty big, and a map would seem like a constant flow of images, which seems like a truckload of KB's.

So, anyone have any estimates? I used amAze. Worked great, had no problems with voice or anything. Granted, half of it was just the coolness of using it, and now that I got that out of my system, I probably wont use it as much, but it's still a tool I may need when I'm traveling to tennis tournaments. Thus, I would like to know just how much I'm spending when using applications like that. It'll still probably be cheaper than 35 bucks for the unlimited data package, but still, a constant flow of images seems like it could run up a huge collection of KBs.

Any estimates? Anyone with no unlimited plan: did you get buttraped on your bill after using this?

bigjrussell no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Anyone try to visit www(dot)amazegps(dot)com lately? I downloaded and installed the app OTA but when it asks me to login or create an account I can do neither becuase their site comes up as a blank white page, both on my BB and on my desktop.... Anyone?

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3

It's up to you but I wouldn't waste my time with Amaze. It's sloooooooooow, load it up and go make yourself some lunch, when you come back the program might have started. It's equally as slow when loading maps and in my experience would never catch up to your location if you're driving.

melonman12 no está en línea Stack level 2

I have used this on my Pearl and I thought it was almost as good as any of the others out there- especially for free!
    It was a little slow, but if I started it before I put my seatbelt on it would be synched and ready for a destination by the time I was situated in my seat. Not too bad in my opinion...

I just upgraded to the 8300 and I was going to load it, but I got a server update error- I would assume it will be back online by morning...hopefully.

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

thank you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

bigjrussell no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    They're site is back up. Initial report, BORING. Slowest program ever. The only reason I haven't erased it yet is because I haven't had a chance to test it yet. At best, it seems like it would barely keep up in arrows only mode, I don't even want to attempt map mode. Nav4all is looking better by every second that passes in between selecting menu items. Its got a lot of cool features, it just seems like there should be an option to turn a lot of them off. Oh, and anybody wondering about getting this without a data plan, DON'T.

mitchzen no está en línea Stack level 1

Too slow for me. The menus seemed delayed on my 8310 and often the wrong choice was made.

blacknight0180 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2445561A

im getting Uncaught exception: Index -1=200 when I run the amAze 8310 version. any fix? i downloaded it OTA.
    -=BlacKnight=-

firesun no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3012D9EE

I couldn't get it to run on my 7130e (Sprint). I tried both OTA and through Desktop Manager. After I downloaded amAze and tried to run it, I got "javax.microedition.media.control.videocontrol not found". I went to the amAze forum and saw that another 7130e user had posted the same complaint, but the administrator hadn't offered a solution yet.

I have really been hooked these past six months on MapQuest Navigator (v2.3). However, it is no longer supported or available from MapQuest and the new v5.0 is not supported on my phone.

Josh Parker (earlier MapQuest poster) was correct. Customer Service is friendly. I called them this morning and got a real person after one ring (no auto-answer, menus, etc.). She is recording my name and email address. When MapQuest again supports my phone, they will make it available to me and give me the same grandfathered deal.

I do not understand the amAze error message. Their website listed my phone as one that was supported. I have the latest version of the operating software (v4.1.0.384). I checked - both with Sprint and with BlackBerry.

Do I need to give up on amAze and wait for MapQuest? Or, would I be wise to try one of the other freebies (Nav4All, BB maps). I have both of those installed already, but they appear limited (and Nav4All seems especially slow).

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

Do you need to already have a gps plan or have gps enabled in order for the thing to give turn by turn directions? When I try and get it to start I'm getting a gps error and says to restart the program.

blacknight0180 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2445561A

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyC View Post
    Do you need to already have a gps plan or have gps enabled in order for the thing to give turn by turn directions? When I try and get it to start I'm getting a gps error and says to restart the program.
    you would need a GPS enabled phone....
    -=BlacKnight=-

dosjkepfl no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Free amAze GPS with Voice Command

Just picked a very funny video from amaze . search for 'GPS LOVER' at youtube.

marcuzi no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ha! Funny vid, try searching "Sex with GPS" instead...

Great thread guys! Am rockin this AmazeGPS on my 8130, no problem! Don't bother without a data plan though

Cheers, -m

gwebb2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a BB 8100 with T-Mobile in the U.S., set the APN to wap.voicestream.com. Get a "Sounds download failed" message upon downloading. Any suggestions? I see there are other options for APN:

internet2.voicestream.com
    internet3.voicestream.com

what's the difference between these three choices?

richcee no está en línea Stack level 2
    Seems to work fine on my BB 8820 with At&t. A little slow on startup but then everything works fine including voice directions. Is there a faster free program with voice directions?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast