Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Originally Posted by yoshiod9 i downloaded it for my girlfriend's 8300 and it worked fine ... BlackBerry GPS forum

tweakeraz no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Free amAze GPS with Voice Command

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiod9
    i downloaded it for my girlfriend's 8300 and it worked fine for two days (voice nav. and everything). this morning, it required an upgrade and it wouldn't let her scroll up to the 'yes' option to allow the update. i tried deleting and reinstalling the app but that didn't help. also, i've had to download the app for an 8320 (i didn't try the 8310) since there isn't an 8300 option. any ideas on what to do?
    Here is the link to amAze's forums. I posted the problem there and they are hoping it will be fixed tomorrow. Apparently the issue lies in their server and has to do with an update they performed.

http ://amazegps.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=698

Since I can not post the actual link, just copy and paste the above and REMOVE the space between "http" and ":"

Hope that helps.

yoshiod9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2412ee3b

thanks a bunch, tweaker. my girlfriend is notorious for breaking things and i thought that she had just broken another expensive toy. she'll be happy to hear that she didn't break it! thanks again!

tweakeraz no está en línea Stack level 1

This appears to be working now. If you can not get it to acknowledge Yes on the Pop-up, just go to the site and re-download it. The page for the download is slightly different than before indicating a change was made.

Once you overwrite the old one with the new(still the same version), you should have no problem launching through the entire application.

mwo2616 no está en línea Stack level 2

I just downloaded it onto my 8310, and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!! I will not be using Navteq anymore!! Voice prompts work great, and instantly found new routes for me!!!!!! This is AWESOME BABY!!!

mwo2616 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    i can get the maps and navigation to work, but with my volume turned all the way up, there is NO sound

anyone else got this working on an 8310?

I DID!!!!!

DaddyFizzle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    28A34994

There have been updates made on the web site...check it out and upgrade for free!

pabloescobar no está en línea Stack level 2

its a nice little app, accurate for the most part but it takes too long to load! i think its due to the adware. it takes mine about a minute to load, which sucks if you need directions in a hurry or while on the road.

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by pabloescobar View Post
    its a nice little app, accurate for the most part but it takes too long to load! i think its due to the adware. it takes mine about a minute to load, which sucks if you need directions in a hurry or while on the road.
    Ditto on it taking too long to load. I tested this on two different 8310s and it's ridiculously slow. I'm at my destination before it can even draw the map. I even shut down all other apps to make sure I had as much memory as possible. I'm surprised not many others are mentioning this...

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec

Quote Originally Posted by bonebox View Post
    Ditto on it taking too long to load. I tested this on two different 8310s and it's ridiculously slow. I'm at my destination before it can even draw the map. I even shut down all other apps to make sure I had as much memory as possible. I'm surprised not many others are mentioning this...
    I have the 4.1 version just d/l it and its crazy slow ill keep on playing with the settings for the memory usage it has none, smallest size of memory, small sized memory, medium sized, and large sized memory usage i still love google maps and bb maps
    RedCurv07

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3

ok good i guess it's not just me who has a problem with amaze taking so long to load... i think that is just the way the program is...

i have tried it with the 8310 and 8820... both with the latest firmware...
    anyone have any solutions?

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3

It won't download onto my 8300. When I click on download, it just sits there "requesting" and then times out. I tried Blackberry emulation and IE emulation, neither of which work.

What gives?

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3

Oh how nice, they don't support the vanilla 8300, only 8310 and 8320.

PrsPirate no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey, question about aMaze 4.1.

I have an 8310. I do not, however, have a data connection. Of course I can still get data, but as the pay-as-you-go rate.

If I download amAze, or any of these apps, will I get deep-dicked with data charges? Or is it just communicating with GPS satellites? Does anyone else without a data connection do this?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, since I'm growing increasingly aware that it probably DOES use data (and cost me money), how much data runs through it? How much is it to load those map pictures? How much would I get screwed to drive an hour?
    Last edited by PrsPirate; 01-07-2008 at 12:33 AM.

DaddyFizzle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    28A34994

I don't know exactly how much data it uses, I have a guess it's a lot. Best to have an unlimited data plan.

rabbott no está en línea Stack level 2

You might try nav4all, it's not the prettiest but from what I understand they specifically have tuned the application to use as little data as possible.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast