Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Hey All! I probably shouldn't bump this thread this late in the game, but I ... BlackBerry GPS forum

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Re: Free amAze GPS with Voice Command

Advertisement

Hey All!
    I probably shouldn't bump this thread this late in the game, but I have to give props to AmazeGPS! It just got its baptism of fire this weekend in Sydney (for me anyway). I actually live in Perth, so going to Sydney and trying to use the UBD (it's a particular brand of street map here in AUS) just wasn't on. I can use it well enough in Perth because the place is small enought that I don't need a larger overview to get an idea of where I'm headed. But Sydney is SO MUCH bigger that I try to calculate a route myself and go cross-eyed! So naturally the GPS was the best option. It worked so well in fact that my wife and mother-in-law who stayed a few days later than I did demanded that I leave my 8800 with them so they could use the GPS! GREAT JOB GUYS!!!!
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

sunsetsweete no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FC7DBC

I have the pearl and I have added this program but it is saying something about not connecting with GPS. I saw some people talking about a GPS puck and I have no idea what that is. What do I need to do to get this program working? Thanks for the help!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i can get the maps and navigation to work, but with my volume turned all the way up, there is NO sound

anyone else got this working on an 8310?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

nope i can't either

also keeps crashing...argh

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

it does not work on the 8310? nooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    I want the 8310 thinking this would cure my GPS problems with my pearl and amAze.
    Keeping trying, please work please work

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by vince1
    When I changed the APN it connected and downloaded the voice files all by it self.I wish the connection from the puck and phone was better. Anything coming in on the phone, a sms last night,and it looses connection. And that is just a pain.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The download of the voice file still failing for me on the pearl. I upgraded to the curve and was able to download the voice file.

This program is pretty sweet with the voice directions and recalculating of routes.

gr8cop no está en línea Stack level 3

I guess that this is geared more towards Europe because when I enter my address or some other it doesn't find it. Hopefully it will be updated soon to better find US addresses. Ill stick with telenav for now.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mrsharris no está en línea Stack level 1

mrsharris no está en línea Stack level 1

For the past three days Ive been seeing this thing stall at the splash screen. Alternately I've seen continue [P] but pressing that does nothing. I'm using an 8800 on Tmo with unlimited data. I've had no trouble with BB maps Google maps or TeleNav, all of which are installed as well. I,m also using a 2gb sd card.

vinniet no está en línea Stack level 2

I tried all the GPS mapping software out there.

I tried BBMaps, Google Maps, amAze, Live Search, and MapQuest. Did not try Telenav since it was not supported by my device. None did Turn-by_Turn but amAze and MapQuest. amAze by far was the worse program out there and could not get to find any address. I like the simulation mode and weather but I took it off. MapQuest is pretty good, not sure if its pay or trial. The other I am keeping on the BB for now.

BBSlinger no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Free amAze GPS with Voice Command

Did you get it to work? I have an 8800 using T-Mobile. My APN is set to wap.voicestream.com. I have no internet connection problems with any other application, but I always get "Communication Problem" with this program!

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Post Re: Free amAze GPS with Voice Command

Quote Originally Posted by mrsharris
    For the past three days Ive been seeing this thing stall at the splash screen. Alternately I've seen continue [P] but pressing that does nothing. I'm using an 8800 on Tmo with unlimited data. I've had no trouble with BB maps Google maps or TeleNav, all of which are installed as well. I,m also using a 2gb sd card.
    Gotta Press "O" instead of "P" remember- this was originally programmed for the Pearl with the suretype keypad.

Also need to make sure your TCP settings are correct (For Optus it's "internet" typed into TCP) They're different for each provider apparently (I'd google it as I don't think most sales reps in the stores are going to have a clue and tech support people aren't terribly much brighter in my experience)

Hope this helps!!
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

BBSlinger no está en línea Stack level 1

The only TCP setting that works for Opera Mini is wap.voicestream.com. Has anyone with T-Mobile (BB8800) been able to get amAze to work with this setting? Thanks.

bjenkins17 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2427d4b4

I got it to work on my 8310. Took a trip to a coffee house. Not a bad app for free. It will give you the turn by turn but does not call out the street names. Only turn right in 500 feet..then it will say turn right when you need to. Not bad..and free is always good. I will try it more and post my results.

yoshiod9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2412ee3b

i downloaded it for my girlfriend's 8300 and it worked fine for two days (voice nav. and everything). this morning, it required an upgrade and it wouldn't let her scroll up to the 'yes' option to allow the update. i tried deleting and reinstalling the app but that didn't help. also, i've had to download the app for an 8320 (i didn't try the 8310) since there isn't an 8300 option. any ideas on what to do?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast