Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

ATT, unlimited BIS and SMS, 8310 Bad COD. vad move for them, if tye cant ... BlackBerry GPS forum

cjcarbone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    not anym

Advertisement

ATT, unlimited BIS and SMS, 8310

Bad COD. vad move for them, if tye cant get a free trial to download, how are they gonna get the program to work right?

baniels no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31d2df42
    After the failure with the garmin ota download and the subsequent dm install of the 3 day trial, I decided to give the telenav 1 month trial through ATT a try.

At first my plan was to just use the trial, but after 5 minutes of using it I am already anticipating that I'll stick with it beyond the month.

It really isn't much different than using a stand-alone unit. It works fast and it pronounces street names. I'm pretty impressed so far.

PIN/ID
    not anym
    Telenav is great!!!

Its the best one i have found so far, free or not!

unfortunately i dont use it enough to warrant the charges, but i might pay for the year, its 99 for it...

I wish i could get the Garmin to work, i wanna compare this!!

focuztorch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    ccol so is this like tom tom i have a 8310 on att network becaue taking a road trip from fla to vegas and that would the best to not have to go my a nav system

PIN/ID
    not anym
    Telenav is great, it is like a standalone GPS unit, it reroutes you, checks traffic, nad has voice guided directions, that speak the street name. You can also send the voice to your BT, by pressing the $ while in the route.

PIN/ID
    not anym
    Ok, i guess Garmin figured this out, cause i just tried again, and it brought me to a different download page, and installed perfectly!!!!!!!!!

baniels no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31d2df42
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ yup. Its working now. Someone must be listening.
    I'll do some A/B comparisons between telenav and garmin this weekend.

Its going to take a lot to beat out telenav though. We'll see what garmin can offer. I'm not sure if the garmin has an internet based counterpart like the telenav. Woth telenav one can add addresses at the website that will sync with the handheld. . . Particularly useful if planning a road trip.

I'll report my experiences here.

focuztorch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    i got the download loaded and it's working question if i have the 8310 on ATT do i need anything esle if i wanted to have a road trip gps system like tom tom the free standing units since i have curve with gps that is reaql time accurate dont really want to buy another device

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by focuztorch View Post
    i got the download loaded and it's working question if i have the 8310 on ATT do i need anything esle if i wanted to have a road trip gps system like tom tom the free standing units since i have curve with gps that is reaql time accurate dont really want to buy another device
    No, you don't need an additional standalone unit. Apps such as this provide similar functionality as those do (voice turn-by-turn directions, re-reouting, etc). The standalone units do have a slight advantage though in that they don't require downloading data on the fly to draw their maps, so if you drive into an area where you don't get network coverage you'll be SOL on your BB.

I'm not liking this Garmin app much so far though; it can't find half the addresses I need and doesn't have near the features as some other (even free) GPS voice navigation apps for the BB. If you're going with a pay service I'd still stick with Mapquest or Telenav.
    Last edited by bonebox; 03-17-2008 at 10:59 AM.

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3
    I emailed them asking why I can't install on my 8820. This is their response:

"Thank you for contacting Garmin International. This phone is supported,
    but not by the trial program at this time. We are currently updating
    the trial version to reflect these newer phones."

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rkir no está en línea Stack level 1

garmin

Was installed with no problems on BB 8800, using the link given.

hb88xx no está en línea Stack level 1

vodafone

It would not install on 8820 vodafone but on 8800 vodafone it did
    Mayor surprise to me was it is OTA maps and not local.
    There are too many of these already, NAV4ALL google etc.

jallen14 no está en línea Stack level 2
    It installed on my phone, but for some reason will not find a satellite signal. BB Maps and Google Maps work fine with GPS, but for some reason Garmin Mobile will not. Any suggestions?

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    I downloaded it to my 8310 on at&t. It was ok.... I thought Att Navigator was much better....

mjohansing no está en línea Stack level 2
    if anyone still needs it, here is a 7 day trial straight from garmis website.
    Simply enter the following link in your BlackBerry browser:
    http://getmobile.garmin.com/trial

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast