So. Here's the deal, apparently. I called DNA to just check up on the status ... BlackBerry GPS forum

ERShotty no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3057b8bc

For all you Telus Curve Owners with GPS problems

Advertisement

So. Here's the deal, apparently.

I called DNA to just check up on the status of my repair ticket. As many of you who are probably reading this, you are probably having the same sort of "intermittent" problems with your GPS and your Curves.

These problems range from no locks, to some locks, to locks with Telus Navigator running in the background etc. etc.

I'm also pretty sure, that many of you have called Telus and opened repair tickets and have gotten the official: "It's now in RIM's hands and that we have a repair ticket with them and that there is also no resolution time"

Well. Here's the fun part. After my brief, and very frustrating, talk with DNA, the supposed repair ticket has officially been CLOSED with RIM, with no resolutions.

Seriously? Are you kidding me? What the hell is RIM doing?

So, it looks like I'm gonna be going on my 3rd Blackberry Curve, as I asked for a handset swap (Which was another mission on it's own, as the customer service reps at the store I went to, tried to convince me that I don't really need the GPS anyways and that by swapping, I may get a crappier phone) What the hell happened to all this excellent customer service? I mean the rep on the phone seemed just as confused as I was as the ticket was closed with no resolution or solution. But the reps at the store??? What the hell??

Anyhow, just wanted to let people know what the status of our "general repair ticket" with RIM was. And quite frankly, I can't wait till my contract is over so I can get my hands on a new IPHone... lol j/k
    Ernest Rosales
    Email: erosales@telus.blackberry.net
    Windows Live: kweenzalum03@hotmail.com

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Your in-store rep is probably in a corp store?

My best suggestion would be to go at a retail store, retail store usually give more service then corp store.
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Yeah I'm still having issues related to GPS. Never works inside buildings(understandable as it could be interference), and intermittently works outside. Since downloading GPSed, it has been working a little bit better, but still intermittently. Never had this issue with my Pearl, only since I got the Curve.
    ~via BB8330 (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3057b8bc
    I just read on another site from someone else who called DNA about this. According to this person, and the rep he had spoken to, Telus/RIM are releasing 4.5 os in a month or so (Complete with a GPS fix). Take it for what it's worth...

This is just really frustrating with Telus and their several stories of what is going on with this.

Guess it co-incides with the certain "phone" coming out in a couple of months and could also be a reason why the ticket is "closed now.
    Last edited by ERShotty; 06-10-2008 at 06:29 PM.
    Ernest Rosales
    Email: erosales@telus.blackberry.net
    Windows Live: kweenzalum03@hotmail.com

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    LOL. Yeah they are just going to make us suffer with a hadicapped GPS that doesn't work. Watch the update not even come out! That would be typical of all cellphone companies - say one date, release it a different one.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3057b8bc
    Well we'll see if a handset swap will do the trick. It did when I had this same problem with the pearl when I first got that. A DOA didn't work prolly just cause the second unit prolly came from the same batch as it was on the 3rd day I got the second one. Hopefully they test the "new" one before they ship it out

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~