I just ordered a mounting bracket from www.proclipusa.com , and a car power adapter from ... BlackBerry GPS forum

MrGolf no está en línea Stack level 2

Constant backlight when using GPS

Advertisement

I just ordered a mounting bracket from www.proclipusa.com, and a car power adapter from another site, so that I can use the pearl as a GPS in my car.

My question is: How do you set the Pearl to maintain a constant backlight when plugged in. I currently charge my phone with the AC adapter in my house, and the backlight doesn't stay on. The settings only allow for you to maintain the backlight for 2 minutes. I really dont see how you can use the pearl as a GPS when the screen turns off after a certain period of time.

Thanks!

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i think the program you want is called bblite, if i'm wrong I will be told promptly. also which GPS piece are you using?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yes BBlight should work for you, heres the link:
    http://blackberrytools.sourceforge.net/OverTheAir/

Visit that link with your BB browser to download.

MrGolf no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thank you both! I haven't set anything up yet, I'm about to order a GPS receiver, I just wanted to make sure it's possible before I waste my money. Thanks again.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    With Telenav I have a setting to keep the backlight on for 100% of the time, guess that is something for the pearl users to look forward to.