Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I took a class that dealt with GPS, in the early days. What I took ... BlackBerry GPS forum

rlem00 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: can GPS be dangous?

Advertisement

I took a class that dealt with GPS, in the early days. What I took out of it was that there are several stations located around the country that have a sort of 'master' key which as a civi you can conact someone and get the spoof signal to get your coordinates down more exactly, after the fact. The first time we despoofed a map we made it was pretty cool, we took and downloaded it on a topo and the path was like a zigzag, afterwards it was dead on. I would assume things have relaxed a little since then with all the car GPS units now, but I would bet that if you cross a line things will either shut down or go whacky (stop the bad guys). Technology has gotten a lot better, now than then, but essentially every gps unit has a serial number that has been activated at one point in time and when you turn it on it is recorded as active. According to one of the profs or aid I was told that in certain areas it will just not work for security purposes, if you did not have an allowed device. That was about 10 years ago. Since then I got my own handheld garmin and one in my car. I once had someone tell me that they are a good way to get yourself lost if you don't know what you are doing. I like the convienence but will always carry a compass and map when things get hary. Keep your nose clean and nothing to worry about

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Quote Originally Posted by Crewdawg257
    Further the police can turn on the microphone on your cellphone remotely anyways. You would have no way of knowing that its recording but your basically carrying around a wiretap for the police. This information came out recently during an investigation of the mob. The police were wiretapping the mob this way.

Best advice if youor worried about it, don't use a cell phone.
    U got a link? I'd like to read that!
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

rlem00 no está en línea Stack level 2

anyone with a little electrical knowhow can turn a steriospeaker into a bug if they wanted to.

deucedst no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241F2230

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry8800
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i heard that Amex, MC, & Visa can track their customers, Discover can't do that yet. So if you use discover not only will you get cash back you're also safe.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLROTFLLOLOLOLOL
    Deucedst

deucedst no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241F2230

Quote Originally Posted by rokinDa8703e
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You may be safe from hackers and big brother but God always knows....

Keep Jesus first!
    AMEN!
    Deucedst

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Lowrider, its called 'roving bugs' just google it and several articles will come up on how the FBI uses cell phone mics to listen in.

Angie

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

paranoia! WOW! Just so you know.. police can track people just by using the signal from your standard cell phone. Doesnt have to be a BB8800. Caught someone last week by tracking his signal over three different phone calls. And in my mind... if you have nothing to hide than no worries. If you do have something to hide and are afraid of being honed in on...then here's to you using your phone more often!!

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ This has to be the most entertaining thread to date. BTW guys, it doesn't matter if you have a cell phone or not. We all know that US highway signs are secretly marked so the UN invasion forces can find there way around! ; ) lol! Of the paranoids, how any subscribe to Soldier Of Fortune magazine? Hehehehehe...

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by bglawrence
    if you have nothing to hide than no worries
    Excellent reasoning...

The state has no business tracking anyone unless they have probable cause or better. Perhaps you enjoy freely giving up such things but most of us enjoy and expect privacy regardless of whether or not we have something to hide. In any case, this debate really doesn't belong here and it has been hashed and rehashed way too many times.

zippys no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

YES i feel like someone is always looking over my shlouder i dont open the doors to my house to anyone even if they ring the door bell. all of my family member have keys to the door, if the siren i hear down the street i look out the window see if they stop in front of my house.... i dont have house landline phone no cable inertnet steal it of my next door friend.. no cable tv no car and i dont even have a driver permit no bank account i got my phone form family added line not under my name... sucks living crime life.... my 2 cent peace one more thing i use a laptop easier to trash in case..... can i get amen there goes my trust level on this site

alias name
    zippys
    Last edited by zippys; 06-15-2007 at 12:59 PM.

RoC1909 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2403CAA5

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    What's dangerous is posting without a spelling and grammar checker!

QUICK LOOK BEHIND YOU! BOO!
    Now that is funny!!

Either a criminal, troll, moron or someone who just doesn't 'get it'.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Quote Originally Posted by abaqueen
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Lowrider, its called 'roving bugs' just google it and several articles will come up on how the FBI uses cell phone mics to listen in.

Angie
    Thx abaqueen
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Just when you thought it was safe to surf pinstack, a member of the columbian cartel, and the mob slips in to take names

(Whisper) I see bad people

(Music) bad boys, bad boys..whatcha gonna do when they come for you

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I just got done reading the other posts....I got to go

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12