Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Reddrvgon, If it works without having a connection to the cellular service, that would ... BlackBerry GPS forum

tbonanno no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Hi Reddrvgon,

If it works without having a connection to the cellular service, that would be terrific! My travels in the SW US often take me to places (both on foot and in my car) where I don't have cell towers in range (Sprint). If GSPED will somehow work independently of the carrier's signal, I'll be a happy camper. Can't wait to try it.

Cheers,

Tony
    Tony Bonanno Photography, LLC
    Santa Fe, New Mexico USA

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by tbonanno View Post
    Hi Reddrvgon,

If it works without having a connection to the cellular service, that would be terrific! My travels in the SW US often take me to places (both on foot and in my car) where I don't have cell towers in range (Sprint). If GSPED will somehow work independently of the carrier's signal, I'll be a happy camper. Can't wait to try it.

Cheers,

Tony
    Past the first time setup, you won't need data service unless you want to post location updates to facebook, myspace, twitter etc...

It will still give you coordinates, speed, averages, altitude, bearing, and a movement track ( kinda like a line drawing)

Its awesome... Simply awesome...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jmlowes no está en línea Stack level 1

Easy Solution

If you have google maps and a Blackberry, you already have everything you need to get location coordinates.

With the location centered on the screen go into the menu and select Help -> About/Info and scroll down to the bottom. Google maps tell you the coordinates of map center.

I found this in Google Maps 3.0.2 but I read that you are using 3.0.1. I imagine it is there but you may need to get the newest version if it is not.

Cheers.
    Last edited by jmlowes; 03-03-2009 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Id10t error

tbonanno no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlowes View Post
    If you have google maps and a Blackberry, you already have everything you need to get location coordinates.

With the location centered on the screen go into the menu and select Help -> About/Info and scroll down to the bottom. Google maps tell you the coordinates of map center.

I found this in Google Maps 3.0.2 but I read that you are using 3.0.1. I imagine it is there but you may need to get the newest version if it is not.

Cheers.
    You were right. Coordinates are there even in 3.0.1 in decimal format. Thanks.
    Tony Bonanno Photography, LLC
    Santa Fe, New Mexico USA

jmlowes no está en línea Stack level 1
    No problem. I am just glad I was actually able answer a question for a change.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12