I'm looking to buy a BlueTooth GPS Receiver, and I have only one requirement. I ... BlackBerry GPS forum

MrGolf no está en línea Stack level 2

BT GPS Receiver Info?

Advertisement

I'm looking to buy a BlueTooth GPS Receiver, and I have only one requirement. I would like the GPS receiver to use the same car charger as my Pearl does. So that being said....

Does anyone know which BlueTooth Receiver will charge using the same plug as the Pearl?

Thanks,
    Vince

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Re: BT GPS Receiver Info?

Hi Vince,

I'm sure someone will be along to help you figure this out, however should no solution be forthcoming, I recently bought a Belkin iPod car kit for my truck that is interchangeable between USB cables for my iPod, Blackberry, Motorola H700 BTH, etc. My b/f can charge his Zune and his Palm Treo 650 with it, since the cigarette lighter plug is standard, you just change your USB cables between devices should they not be the same.

Just an idea should no one be able to help you find a GPS receiver that uses the same plug as your Berry.

Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

mbarlow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E81EC0

Yep! I'm using the OnCourse second edition bought at buygpsnow.com for about 90 bucks American. Very pleasant surprise to find the charger plug for each is identical. The device looks similar to the Pearl, too! I use them interchangably in the car! You will be very happy with the device and your Pearl.

Cool Fact: New GPS receivers do not require a line-of-sight to the sky. I learned this accidentally. The signal is not as strong, but it works well in the armrest of my car out of sight. Go figure!

creepynorm no está en línea Stack level 1

The holux 240 comes with a car charger with a usb cable that disconnects from the charging unit. I use the holux car charger for both the GPS unit and my Pearl.

SWT6 no está en línea Stack level 1

Creepy norm is correct the Holux charger does work with the Pearl. I have the Holux 240 and the battery is rated for 8 hours between charges so don't worry about it running out of juice too soon.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

I got a qstarz 32 channel wireless bluetooth gps receiver for 50 bucks off of ebay, works great and can use the same charger as the pearl