First off I would like to say hi to all fellow blackberry members... I did ... BlackBerry GPS forum

rmench no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Bluetooth GPS Question, Please Help....

Advertisement

First off I would like to say hi to all fellow blackberry members...

I did a search and couldnt quite find an accurate answer to a concern I have...

I am looking into purchasing a Holux GPS Receiver for my Blackberry 8800, my question is once I connect the receiver to my phone, will I be able to utilize the GPS even though I don't have a data plan?

If I have BB maps, and hookup the bluetooth receiver wouldn't it work? I cant see a need for a data plan for GPS if I am using the GPS receiver....

If anybody can help me it would be great....I am getting mixed answers, and I am still unsure.

Thanks!

Wangta no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Bluetooth GPS Question, Please Help....

Dood - why did you buy another GPS receiver for your 8800 when you already have one integrated in your phone (IE: You have a GPS receiver in your phone!).

And yes, if you plan on using GPS, you will need a data plan of some type, because you will need to "download" the maps information as no current software allows you to download map data to a MICRO SD card (IE: you don't have the maps information on your blackberry - you need to download it each time via the EDGE or whatever).

But seriously - don't buy another GPS receiver! Thats crazy!

rmench no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Bluetooth GPS Question, Please Help....

Ok cool, so basically its because I cant store BB maps on an Sd card, or else I woud be able too...the gps receiver would be used for my brother's curve...so if maps were stored on a card then it would be possible...i get it.

Thanks for the quick help