What recievers do you recommend for the Curve? I was looking at the ones on ... BlackBerry GPS forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Blue Tooth GPS????

Advertisement

What recievers do you recommend for the Curve? I was looking at the ones on the Sedieo web site and they have an $80 and a $120 one. What program on the phone do they work with?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Blue Tooth GPS????

im curious to know this info for a pearl, as well.
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

I am going to get this one if I don't keep an 88xx version.
    The pic is huge, but the reviews say its the size of a usb flash drive, just a bit thicker. Pretty small!!!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...Reviews♦

BizFox no está en línea Stack level 2

To put it simply, all I did was check out a compatible receiver on the telenav site (I'm a subscriber). Googled it... saw it on radioshack and bought the product from the nearest store. Works well and it fits perfectly in my purse.

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

There are several programs that work very well with GPS receivers. Some of them cost and some are free. Googlemaps is free and works and part of the telenav maps is free. You can also pay 10 dollars a month for telenav if you want voice directions or you can check out wisepilot. 80$ is high for a gps unit, there are much cheaper on ebay and around. I picked up one from geeks.com for like 45 or so after shipping.

This came a few days ago and I haven't had any problems: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=BT-5&cpc=SCH

EHey Naylor and all,
    Anyone run into software that can do the voice other than telenav which does not require a subscription?
    At this rate with Sirius, Cable, etc I am going to be subscribed out of my bank account.

Edit: Noticed you got the BT-5 - what is the actual size. Easy to stash? I travel a ton, would like something small.
    Last edited by zipped; 07-09-2007 at 12:01 PM.

PIN/ID

So, do I have to subscribe to Telenav if I want something that will talk to me?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

For Telenav yes, its between 5-10 bones a month from AT&T or Tmo. Somebody could make a mint selling a software based talking version. My 4GB card arrives tomorrow - lets fill it up, lol.

PIN/ID

GRRRRR....LOL.....If I am staring at my phone I can't drive! LOL! I'm not mulit-talented! Not to mention, I'll get car sick! LOL!

AceBB no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i bought the newest qstars one online, 32 hours of battery life it is amazing, I've used it for 3 trips so far.. Ill post the link when I get a chance.