Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Okay I've just uploaded a new version of the beta client. It fixes the issue ... BlackBerry GPS forum

xoclipse no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Blackberry GPS Tracking

Advertisement

Okay I've just uploaded a new version of the beta client. It fixes the issue with the screen not updating.

BB OS 4.1: http://www.tech9computers.com/beta/4.1/BBTracker.jad
    BB OS 4.2: http://www.tech9computers.com/beta/BBTracker.jad

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

From what I can tell battery life consumption is better than it was - but still seems to drain rather quickly. It was ok on mine when I tested it the past couple days, but I keep it plugged in half the time. My wife did complain that hers was about to die toward the end of the day when normally it's not a problem. Of course decreasing the gps polling interval helps some - I have ours set at every 10 secs.

Quote Originally Posted by xoclipse View Post
    Yeah I'm aware of this issue...I'll have a new version out later today hopefully that will fix this. How is battery life in comparison with the old version?

Chris

Great! Installing now...

Okay I've just uploaded a new version of the beta client. It fixes the issue with the screen not updating.

Ok, installed the latest version and rebooted. Looks like it loaded correctly now! I'll continue monitoring it and see how battery consumption is.

Just to follow up some on this app after several days of testing, it still appears that it doesn't always log in automatically upon reboot, and even some times I've found it has logged me out inexplicably without rebooting. This has happened several times with the newest version on both my and my wife's 8310s. She also had a problem with hers where it just stopped updating completely. rebooting phone, restarting the app, refreshing GPS, etc didn't fix it, even though other GPS apps were still working fine. I finally completely reinstalled the app and it finally started working again.

Also it definitely is still a battery hog. It seems to eat it up at about twice the rate when it's running then when it's not. I had it set to poll every 10 seconds at first, and bumped it back down to 20 secs, but it's still a problem. So there are some kinks that can hopefully be worked out yet, but all in all is definitely a cool little app, especially for free!
    Last edited by bonebox; 12-19-2007 at 12:27 PM.

67Mustang no está en línea Stack level 2

I am still getting "unable to conect to server at this time" I have tried to do a full power off and still have the same result...

Using an AT&T 8200C with 4.1 OS. My BT receiver is made by OnCourse.

Any suggestions?

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3

Would be cool to have support for bluetooth GPS pucks. Seriously cool.

jalm1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Anyone having a problem logging into the appliaciton this weekend? The app worked fine on Friday, but all this weekend i have been getting can not connect to server errors.

Seems to be connecting now. However, over the last few days i have noticed that the live tracker at times comes up with really off locations. I dont know how this is possible, but for example about 50% of the times i have checked the location is not where i am or where i have ever been. Today, it was more then 30 miles from my location. i dont get how the location can be that far off. If the signal is that bad why will it return a location.

Quote Originally Posted by jalm1 View Post
    Seems to be connecting now. However, over the last few days i have noticed that the live tracker at times comes up with really off locations. I dont know how this is possible, but for example about 50% of the times i have checked the location is not where i am or where i have ever been. Today, it was more then 30 miles from my location. i dont get how the location can be that far off. If the signal is that bad why will it return a location.
    I've just released a new client that should fix the problem with people having intermittent connection problems. You can download it at http://blackberrytracker.com/download.

As for your location being very far off, there are many reasons why this might occur. The client will use any location with an accuracy of 500 meters or less. The accuracy of the GPS fix can be dependent on many issues. Are you in a big building when this is occurring or maybe in a downtown area? What phone do you have?

Thanks, i am going to give the new client a try. I was seeing the location error when i was at two different client sites, one was maybe 5 miles off and the other was more then 30 each time i was in a decent sized building in office parks, not as dense as the city. Phone is a 8310.

I've just released a new client that should fix the problem with people having intermittent connection problems. You can download it at http://blackberrytracker.com/download.

As for your location being very far off, there are many reasons why this might occur. The client will use any location with an accuracy of 500 meters or less. The accuracy of the GPS fix can be dependent on many issues. Are you in a big building when this is occurring or maybe in a downtown area? What phone do you have?
    Hi xoclipse, good to see you're still working on this. Does this newest update by chance include any fixes to the issues I mentioned in my previous post?

Quote Originally Posted by bonebox View Post
    Hi xoclipse, good to see you're still working on this. Does this newest update by chance include any fixes to the issues I mentioned in my previous post?
    In the next major version(0.5) there should be better battery life. 0.41 mainly fixes problems with connection problems.

If you visit http://trac.tech9computers.com/newticket and open a new ticket with all of your issues and details on your usage(is battery life bad when you are stationary or just moving, etc,.) it will make it easier for me to address the issues and hopefully get it fixed for you in 0.5!

Great! i am really enjoying this app right now, and see great potential for it. Is the ticket system the best way to provide suggestions for future enhancements?

Quote Originally Posted by jalm1 View Post
    Great! i am really enjoying this app right now, and see great potential for it. Is the ticket system the best way to provide suggestions for future enhancements?
    Yup that makes it the easiest for me to track what everyone wants.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast