Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 140

Yea the tagging thing is a little open. Is there any way to lock that ... BlackBerry GPS forum

  1. #46
    lodans's Avatar
    lodans no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3

    Re: Blackberry GPS Tracking

    Advertisement



    Yea the tagging thing is a little open. Is there any way to lock that down. Seems creepy...

  2. #47
    DriftorX's Avatar
    DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!
    Posts
    466

    Re: Blackberry GPS Tracking

    so... i have tried this and seem to worked the first couple times but never stays active location for me. Then im now not able to load it with current location.

  3. #48
    Max'dBerry's Avatar
    Max'dBerry no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PIN/ID
    301A8C9C
    Posts
    17

    Re: Blackberry GPS Tracking

    ita great, it makes it so much easier to keep up with friends and business suplies

  4. #49
    pybe's Avatar
    pybe no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    2527E9B7
    Posts
    5

    Re: Blackberry GPS Tracking

    I cant seem to access any of the pages apart from the wiki are there problems with this at the moment, I would love to try the tracker.

  5. #50
    xoclipse's Avatar
    xoclipse no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    35

    Re: Blackberry GPS Tracking

    Quote Originally Posted by pybe View Post
    I cant seem to access any of the pages apart from the wiki are there problems with this at the moment, I would love to try the tracker.
    We just moved to a new server so there should be no more downtime.

    Also, check out the new GeoFence feature that allows you to be alerted when devices enter/leave certain areas.

    http://blackberrytracker.com

  6. #51
    psi chick's Avatar
    psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    465

    Re: Blackberry GPS Tracking

    will this work if the other person is on a gps puck rather than built in to the phone?

  7. #52
    croman's Avatar
    croman no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    207b39f0
    Posts
    61

    Re: Blackberry GPS Tracking

    hrmm, ive got a lil problem with this.. i havent used it in a couple weeks now, and i just tried to play with it (showing a couple co-workers) and i get an error when trying to login on the 8310.

    I get "Error: Unable to login at this time. Please try again later: Malformed Address. Returning null connection."

  8. #53
    bonebox's Avatar
    bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    232

    Re: Blackberry GPS Tracking

    Trying this out and so far it's working really well! Nice job!

    One small feature request though: Automatically load the app/login when the phone is turned on.

    Several uses:

    1. With my bad memory i'm not always going to remember to restart the app when I reboot my phone
    2. Phone is stolen or lost - would be nice to track down where it is, but if it's rebooted then moved, it's useless
    3. Kidnapped - someone could track where you're being taken, but again if it's rebooted and moved you're probably not going to be in a position to go in and restart the app
    Last edited by bonebox; 12-12-2007 at 02:41 PM.

  9. #54
    Cisco Kidd's Avatar
    Cisco Kidd no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    131

    Re: Blackberry GPS Tracking

    WoW !!!!!!!

    Just what i was looking for

  10. #55
    xoclipse's Avatar
    xoclipse no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    35

    Re: Blackberry GPS Tracking

    Quote Originally Posted by bonebox View Post
    Trying this out and so far it's working really well! Nice job!

    One small feature request though: Automatically load the app/login when the phone is turned on.

    Several uses:

    1. With my bad memory i'm not always going to remember to restart the app when I reboot my phone
    2. Phone is stolen or lost - would be nice to track down where it is, but if it's rebooted then moved, it's useless
    3. Kidnapped - someone could track where you're being taken, but again if it's rebooted and moved you're probably not going to be in a position to go in and restart the app
    I've just released a beta version of the new client...you can check it out here:

    http://chrismoos.com/2007/12/12/blac...lient-04-beta/

    Major new features are MUCH better battery life and the ability to start up when the phone turns on.

  11. #56
    bonebox's Avatar
    bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    232

    Re: Blackberry GPS Tracking

    Terrific, thanks!!

  12. #57
    bonebox's Avatar
    bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    232

    Re: Blackberry GPS Tracking

    Installed the beta on both my and my wife's 8310s. Will track her tomorrow when she drives to work and let you know how it goes!

  13. #58
    croman's Avatar
    croman no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    207b39f0
    Posts
    61

    Re: Blackberry GPS Tracking

    Installed the Beta on my 8310, having a different problem then before (now i get "Unable to connect to the server at this time".. when i chose to have it Auto-Login when i start the BB up, it loads up, but there is only edge.. not EDGE.. (also, doesnt even get a location, only shows N/A for every thing when i open the App)...so i unchecked the auto login option and pulled the battery.. starts up with EDGE now, but still not working (with both the edge and EDGE I am able to update my GPS location using the Options>Advanced Options>Applications>GPS... but not a thing when actually using the program..

    any help is appreciated!

    **EDIT** got it working, not sure what the problem really was, but i went to my TCP settings and re-typed my APN settings in and then it started to work (didnt change them, just deleted and re-typed)
    Last edited by croman; 12-13-2007 at 04:21 AM.

  14. #59
    bonebox's Avatar
    bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    232

    Re: Blackberry GPS Tracking

    I ran into the same issue as croman. It looks like when the app is set to auto-start and you reboot the phone, it starts the app and logs in but never updates. Everything just stays at N/A. Once I exited the app and restarted it, it updated successfully.

    Quote Originally Posted by croman View Post
    Installed the Beta on my 8310, having a different problem then before (now i get "Unable to connect to the server at this time".. when i chose to have it Auto-Login when i start the BB up, it loads up, but there is only edge.. not EDGE.. (also, doesnt even get a location, only shows N/A for every thing when i open the App)...so i unchecked the auto login option and pulled the battery.. starts up with EDGE now, but still not working (with both the edge and EDGE I am able to update my GPS location using the Options>Advanced Options>Applications>GPS... but not a thing when actually using the program..

    any help is appreciated!

    **EDIT** got it working, not sure what the problem really was, but i went to my TCP settings and re-typed my APN settings in and then it started to work (didnt change them, just deleted and re-typed)

  15. #60
    xoclipse's Avatar
    xoclipse no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    35

    Re: Blackberry GPS Tracking

    Quote Originally Posted by bonebox View Post
    I ran into the same issue as croman. It looks like when the app is set to auto-start and you reboot the phone, it starts the app and logs in but never updates. Everything just stays at N/A. Once I exited the app and restarted it, it updated successfully.

    Yeah I'm aware of this issue...I'll have a new version out later today hopefully that will fix this. How is battery life in comparison with the old version?

    Chris

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •