Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Yea the tagging thing is a little open. Is there any way to lock that ... BlackBerry GPS forum

lodans no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Blackberry GPS Tracking

Advertisement

Yea the tagging thing is a little open. Is there any way to lock that down. Seems creepy...

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!

so... i have tried this and seem to worked the first couple times but never stays active location for me. Then im now not able to load it with current location.

Max'dBerry no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301A8C9C

ita great, it makes it so much easier to keep up with friends and business suplies

pybe no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2527E9B7

I cant seem to access any of the pages apart from the wiki are there problems with this at the moment, I would love to try the tracker.

xoclipse no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by pybe View Post
    I cant seem to access any of the pages apart from the wiki are there problems with this at the moment, I would love to try the tracker.
    We just moved to a new server so there should be no more downtime.

Also, check out the new GeoFence feature that allows you to be alerted when devices enter/leave certain areas.

http://blackberrytracker.com

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

will this work if the other person is on a gps puck rather than built in to the phone?

croman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207b39f0

hrmm, ive got a lil problem with this.. i havent used it in a couple weeks now, and i just tried to play with it (showing a couple co-workers) and i get an error when trying to login on the 8310.

I get "Error: Unable to login at this time. Please try again later: Malformed Address. Returning null connection."

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

Trying this out and so far it's working really well! Nice job!

One small feature request though: Automatically load the app/login when the phone is turned on.

Several uses:

1. With my bad memory i'm not always going to remember to restart the app when I reboot my phone
    2. Phone is stolen or lost - would be nice to track down where it is, but if it's rebooted then moved, it's useless
    3. Kidnapped - someone could track where you're being taken, but again if it's rebooted and moved you're probably not going to be in a position to go in and restart the app
    Last edited by bonebox; 12-12-2007 at 02:41 PM.

Cisco Kidd no está en línea Stack level 3

WoW !!!!!!!

Just what i was looking for

Quote Originally Posted by bonebox View Post
    Trying this out and so far it's working really well! Nice job!

One small feature request though: Automatically load the app/login when the phone is turned on.

Several uses:

1. With my bad memory i'm not always going to remember to restart the app when I reboot my phone
    2. Phone is stolen or lost - would be nice to track down where it is, but if it's rebooted then moved, it's useless
    3. Kidnapped - someone could track where you're being taken, but again if it's rebooted and moved you're probably not going to be in a position to go in and restart the app
    I've just released a beta version of the new client...you can check it out here:

http://chrismoos.com/2007/12/12/blac...lient-04-beta/

Major new features are MUCH better battery life and the ability to start up when the phone turns on.

Terrific, thanks!!

Installed the beta on both my and my wife's 8310s. Will track her tomorrow when she drives to work and let you know how it goes!

croman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207b39f0

Installed the Beta on my 8310, having a different problem then before (now i get "Unable to connect to the server at this time".. when i chose to have it Auto-Login when i start the BB up, it loads up, but there is only edge.. not EDGE.. (also, doesnt even get a location, only shows N/A for every thing when i open the App)...so i unchecked the auto login option and pulled the battery.. starts up with EDGE now, but still not working (with both the edge and EDGE I am able to update my GPS location using the Options>Advanced Options>Applications>GPS... but not a thing when actually using the program..

any help is appreciated!

**EDIT** got it working, not sure what the problem really was, but i went to my TCP settings and re-typed my APN settings in and then it started to work (didnt change them, just deleted and re-typed)
    Last edited by croman; 12-13-2007 at 04:21 AM.

I ran into the same issue as croman. It looks like when the app is set to auto-start and you reboot the phone, it starts the app and logs in but never updates. Everything just stays at N/A. Once I exited the app and restarted it, it updated successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by croman View Post
    Installed the Beta on my 8310, having a different problem then before (now i get "Unable to connect to the server at this time".. when i chose to have it Auto-Login when i start the BB up, it loads up, but there is only edge.. not EDGE.. (also, doesnt even get a location, only shows N/A for every thing when i open the App)...so i unchecked the auto login option and pulled the battery.. starts up with EDGE now, but still not working (with both the edge and EDGE I am able to update my GPS location using the Options>Advanced Options>Applications>GPS... but not a thing when actually using the program..

any help is appreciated!

**EDIT** got it working, not sure what the problem really was, but i went to my TCP settings and re-typed my APN settings in and then it started to work (didnt change them, just deleted and re-typed)

Quote Originally Posted by bonebox View Post
    I ran into the same issue as croman. It looks like when the app is set to auto-start and you reboot the phone, it starts the app and logs in but never updates. Everything just stays at N/A. Once I exited the app and restarted it, it updated successfully.

Yeah I'm aware of this issue...I'll have a new version out later today hopefully that will fix this. How is battery life in comparison with the old version?

Chris

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast