My fellow New Yorkers..what is your favorite map app? I've been using both BB Maps ... BlackBerry GPS forum

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK

Question Best Map for New Yorkers

Advertisement

My fellow New Yorkers..what is your favorite map app?

I've been using both BB Maps & Google Maps. I use Google Maps quite a bit as the searches are pretty accurate and the maps show subway stops. One of the best features for me. I got all turned around in the W. Village and used the GPS to find myself & the nearest subway. It was awesome. The friends were impressed.

I like BB maps for directions and getting from point A to point B. And the tracker, I love it. GMaps doesn't follow you. And yes, I still get turned around if I can't find certain buildings in the skyline. That's what happened in the WV...Tribeca sometimes too =P.

So often times, I'm switching back and forth between the 2 apps. Is there a better way?

gk0820 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Best Map for New Yorkers

Try Mapquest Navigator it is a great application. The cost is 4.99 per month. This application gives voice by voice turn directions. I have found the directions are accurate. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK

They show subway locations also?

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Have you tried goodle maps? I love the detail they have on their newest version.

Give it a shot too: http://www.google.com/gmm

FYI, I just zoomed in on NYC with Google Maps. If you zoom in far enough you get Metro stops too.

This app is $0.00 per month. (Sorry, I didn't notice all your google maps stuff before. I linked to your most recent post just saying you needed subway locations)
    Last edited by woodi68; 11-23-2007 at 11:12 PM.

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK

I use GMaps already.

I'm really looking for input from those in NY as I think our map needs are little different. Most don't have cars, or use car svc/cabs. So the maps aren't used for driving directions as much. Google Maps is excellent for finding the nearest subway to a location. But sometimes, I've gotta tell a cabbie which way to take so I use BB Maps to give me those directions or to track myself.

But what I'm looking for is something that COMBINES these features. Is there one? I'd really love feedback from others in New York.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

I know you've asked me as a non-New Yorker to butt out, but the new Google Maps might solve your issue. Just released last night. 2.0

www.google.com/gmm

PIN/ID
    JUST ASK

Oh yeah...I downloaded GM 2.0 the day it came out and it solved al my problems.