Hey guys noob here looking for your thoughts on what GPS receiver I should use ... BlackBerry GPS forum

joseph145379 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Best GPS Receiver

Advertisement

Hey guys noob here looking for your thoughts on what GPS receiver I should use for my Pearl. If you have websites and prices also that would be great. Really only looking for actually products you have used not just internet reviews...thanks again!!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba
    I have done some reading on this feature. Due to the fact that I do not personaly have a GPS "puck"... here is a video that shows you an example of what it looks like and how it works.

If you do a search under youtube with this information below.. you will get an interesting video.

Blackberry Pearl GPS puck

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05
    just curious, with the wealth of GPS devices out there, some bluetooth recievers cost as much as a GPS unit. I have a garmin quest in the car and it is water proof, gives voice prompts and i even have a mount for my motorcycle to use it with. The quest is as thin as the pearl and is only about 3/4 the length of it. my 2 cents

DocTaKnoCk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    chillout

Re: Best GPS Receiver

i have the PEARL with the data plan.. How do I get the GPS to work??

SWT6 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the Holux 240. Very small with an 8 hour battery life. Just google the name for more info. About $80 on ebay. Very quick lock on your position, a few seconds, and maintains signal in downtown areas. Easy to link to the Pearl.

mbarlow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E81EC0

OnCourse Edition 2 works well with my Pearl and bb maps. Paired instantly and works from inside the armrest. Bonus points for using the same charger tip as my Pearl and having a similar form factor. About $90 at buygpsnow.com, but I've seen it cheaper recently. Support has been excellent, too.

I like toys and I use it with my iPaq in multiple vehicles as a portable GPS/nav solution. I read with great interest about the James Kim's tragedy and that sealed it for me and I bought my iGuidance system with OnCourse receiver the following day.

It astounds me that this tech-savy guy died in the wilderness with 2 laptops in the car, but no GPS. James attended my kid's high school in the 90's. I feel badly for his young family. A scholarship fund has been started for his family in Louisville. Google it if you are interested, I can't link.