Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Originally Posted by oldgeek There is no "follow me" mode which has come in handy ... BlackBerry GPS forum

SDinSD no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Re: Best GPS - Mapquest Navigator

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeek View Post

There is no "follow me" mode which has come in handy a few times.
    This is my #1 "beef" with the software. I think it would be a much needed feature for a future upgrade.

Bob G no está en línea Stack level 2

I just cancelled TeleNav. It is a well-polished application, but the lack of "night mode" is a big bummer, AND THE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS FOR SEARCH TERMS AND STREET NAMES IS ANNOYING (and makes the maps cluttered and confusing).

"Follow me" would be nice on MapQuest, but I can use BB Maps for that.

With the $5 sale price, MapQuest is the best value for me. Without the sale price, I'd probably have gone with the $6/month TeleNav deal that is limited to 10 routes.

jorgeg.ledes no está en línea Developer

Love Mapquest but one feature I'd like that Telenav has, is that you can go on the web search and save locations and then those show up in your blackberry, its just kind off convenient to have the added help of a laptop or desktop to plan your travels, so Mapquest see if you guys can create such a page but I still love your application
    Best regards

Jorge Ledesma
    PIN 2440BE7C

www.blackberrygtd.com

krankyd no está en línea Stack level 1

Did anyone check the mapquest navigator annual pricing?
    I just noticed it is 49.99 per year which sounds like the best value to me.

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata

Yep, I subscribed before the beginning of the year when it was 4.99 mo. Great program.

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

Quick question for MQ,
    I would like to purchase the annual, but have run into a dilemma.

I have an unlocked 8310, I use it on TMobile.
    When going to buy, I have to choose my service.
    Do I chose AT&T, then pick the 8310 or choose TMobile, then choose the 8320?
    Does it matter or are the programs the same?

Thanks!

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata

Choose ATT so you get the right version for your phone. I also have an 8310 and use a different provider but entered ATT and it worked fine.

Enjoy, it's a great alternative to Telenav.

CapFusion no está en línea Stack level 1

MQ currently is OK but would like to be more or atleast compare to Telenav.
    Spanning and zoom are not so smooth or easily done. Wish MQ can zoom and span like Google Map. All you need to do are using "I" "O" and the wheel to move the map to your desired location. For MQ, you have to use the Menu then select Zoom and from there, use the wheel to scroll either up or down to zoom in or out. It just too much work.

Other thing about MQ when compare to other Navigation apps are fewer option like type of driving. MQ only have "Drive" and "Walk". There no other options for the type of "Driving".

MQ needed to know your current GPS point so it can provide your destination. You can't manually enter a point A without GPS position.

Many MQ function depened too much on the wheel for selection and not so much on the Keys.
    I just hated to fumble around while driving.

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

All set - downloaded the new MQ, did the annual plan.
    Works much faster than the 2.3 version, setup, gps coordinates, downloading, and shutdown sooo much faster.

One funny thing though, the voice on 2.3 was much better than the new version. New version doesn't sound as clear and speaks a heck of a lot faster. Old version voice much better!

Also, in using it this evening, I am not sure I like the 3D maps as much as the 2D, maybe I am getting old, but the 3D really makes the ancillary roads look like they are merging in and out of the main road. Kind of strange. Maybe I just need to get used to it. Switched back to 2D for a bit, feel right at home.

New version is really nice, did my hotel lookup in 4 seconds, hit navigate, and away you go - awesome.
    I live on the road - this looks great!

vaillaw no está en línea Stack level 1
    Do you have to have a wireless signal for the GPS to work?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    No you do not actually need a connection technically for GPS to work, but of the BB devices you do need a data plan and be able to connect to the network.

So in short you should have a signal.

llzel no está en línea Stack level 2
    my mapquest navigator 2.3 expired! It says "your trial period has expired please call customer service"
    Has anyone else's expired? i've had it for about 6 months

MapQuestNav no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by llzel View Post
    my mapquest navigator 2.3 expired! It says "your trial period has expired please call customer service"
    Has anyone else's expired? i've had it for about 6 months
    Hi llzel-

So this particular version (2.3) was meant to be a 30 day trial, but a carrier billing issue made the application "free" to some handsets for six months, even through it was a $9.99 per month product. Word got out, and quite a few users downloaded the version every six months; and it became known as a "Free" navigation application. In reality, it really wasn't, because the billing issue wasn't resolved.

Six months ago MapQuest chose to sunset the url down link, because we do assume considerable costs for data used in the application. Rather than shut down users such as yourself immediately, we simply allowed the limits of that version to end at 6 months. So your 'free' version has permanently expired - it sounds like you were able to get some decent use out of what is normally a premium service.

The good news is that we have a vastly updated product, MapQuest Navigator 5.0, which has 3D maps, Live Traffic, Gas Prices and Cityguide info built in. No, it's not free, but it's considerably cheaper at $4.17 / month than anything comparable in feature set. Check it out at http://wireless.mapquest.com/mapquest-navigator.html

Hope that clarifies things a bit.

The MapQuest Team

jrusch no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31ADDE19
    Any news on when version 5.0 will be available to customers other than AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile? I am an 8830 user with U.S. Cellular.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I would like to know if there are plans for availability with Alltel. Right now I'm using a trial of Telenav, but their maps are horribly outdated in my area, I would love to give mapquest a try.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast