30e66bcd

Re: Best GPS - Mapquest Navigator

Advertisement

cool i will try it

indianacowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30e66bcd

well, it appears they are charging 4.99 a month and want it up front, unless you guys see a way around it

SanaTizer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249e3b2f

Quote Originally Posted by mrvictor65 View Post
    i have mapquest navigator on my nextel i880 but im getting the BB 7100i for christmas, can i just download the app onto my sim card , put the card in the bb and will it work or do i have to totally redownload for the website right now im paying 4.99/month for it and i would hate to have to buy it all over again- thanks in advance
    Mr. Victor,

You will have to download a fresh copy onto your new blackberry, transfering to your sim will not work, but after you install it the activation screen will ask for your Activation Code and that links you to your existing account. No need to repurchase it again.

kel88z no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2427F363

Hi am using the bb 8320 but some how I can't get it to work, I only see the maps , help ?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by kel88z View Post
    Hi am using the bb 8320 but some how I can't get it to work, I only see the maps , help ?
    You need GPS on your device or you need a GPS receiver. In your case you need to buy a receiver.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

just purchased mapquest's app. the demo vid, price special and user responses have definitely been a motivator. after researching, i'm going to pair it with i-Blue 737. great thread

MapQuestNav no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello all -

There have been some questions posted regarding technical issues or questions, and I'm probably not the best contact to field most of them. Fortunately we have a wonderful customer support team that can answer your questions and make any adjustments to your account.

The number is 888 835 6270

FYI- I haven't posted enough times to answer back on PM, so I apologize to those that pinged me- however, the toll-free number above should be able to take care of your requests. Thanks!
    Last edited by MapQuestNav; 01-06-2008 at 12:52 PM. Reason: typo

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5

Is there an OTA link where we can check for new builds or will registered users continue to get email notification of new versions?

armus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31833E7E

I have chosen to cancel my service with them for a few reasons but most importantly if I'd known how hard it wa to cancel with these people, ild never have signed up. It's like fighting a small war to get them to cancel you. There is no info on how to do it. I had to call support, which isn't open on weekends. They repeatedly asked me why and even sent me a form to fill out staying why. I'm the type of person that likes to keep my reasons to myself. I found them pushy and uncooperative.

My reason btw was that their database didn't have a listing I wanted. One of the few times I needed this software and it didn't even list the street I needed. I had to download google maps and it found the road right off. So why pay for unreliable service?

Making it hard to cancel your service does not keep clients. It just makes those who cancel even more irate and willing to tell others.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MapQuestNav no está en línea Stack level 1

To Armus, and anyone else who's had any trouble discontinuing service:

Firstly, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize that you encountered any difficulty canceling your account.

With regard to the email request that constitutes the form that Armus describes, the information requested is needed to verify the user's identity to prevent fraud. We do ask people to voluntarily provide their reason for cancellations to help us react to customer feedback and improve customer experience, however no one should be refused deactivation because they did not provide a reason. We will make every effort to make it clear that the ‘reason for cancellation’ is optional, and are looking at additional ways to streamline the cancellation process.

MapQuest takes great pains to give the very best customer service possible, and we have been very encouraged to read some of the positive feedback reported in previous posts that pointed to excellent customer support on technical issues. It should certainly be no different if they wish to cancel. I hope Pinstack members are assured that we handle their requests quickly and professionally.

In response to the feedback we’ve received from our customers, we're planning to make some changes to to better communicate the cancellation process, and you'll see more web links to that process from the Navigator Pages in the next few days. There will also be changes within the application itself in subsequent versions, but note that in the current version, you can email or call Customer Support from within the application by hitting the menu key on the Main Menu, selecting "About" and pulling up the menu from that page.

Again, we appreciate your bringing these issues to our attention. We want to provide the best possible product and the best possible service, and our goal is for MapQuest Navigator to be regarded as the top choice.

Also- As for Armus' particular issue with an unrecognized address (Armus, I know that you understand this issue from your PM, so this is for general information): Missing addresses could be a function of data that is queued up for 'ingestion' into the MapQuest database. It's hard to tell why it showed up on another application and not on ours, because generally speaking MapQuest & our competitors all use the same basic building blocks. These databases are really enormous and complex, and accuracy is MapQuest's number one goal. We've heard other instances where our maps showed addresses where others didn't. So this does and will happen on infrequent occasions, no matter what application you’re using.

Thanks again to Pinstack for giving us a forum for open dialogue with our customers....

Josh Parker
    MapQuest

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3

"We do ask people to voluntarily provide their reason for cancellations to help us react to customer feedback and improve customer experience"

When I gave my reasons the response I got back was defensive to say the least. It seemed that they were trying to justify the downfalls I pointed out instead of absorbing it as constructive feedback. After dealing with the cancellation process I just kept telling myself "What did I expect? They are, after all, owned by AOL and they have a history of such things."

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata

I was an die hard fan of Telenav (and paid user) until the new 5.0 version of Mapquest Navigator was released. I would never give it a second look before because of the lack of 3D navigation. However when the new one came out and they offered the 4.99 promo I could not resist trying it again.

This is what I found, it has most of the functions of Telenav only in a different user innerface. The 3D navigation is clearer to follow for me on Mapquest because it's route is highlighted in a bright red color on a relatively neutral background, Telenavs is a med-dark blue and the streets in the background are a light blue, so at a glance for me Telenav is much harder to distinguish which is the route and which is a side street. Mapquests colors are bright and vivid with easy to read navigation colors. However the biggest reason for my choice of Mapquest over Telenav is simply this, Mapquest downloads a "corridor" of route information onto your phone and stores it until you have completed your journey. If you happen into an area where there is no data coverage your maps will still work as long as you stay on route (or close by). Telenav does not do this, you need data coverage at all times with it or you will lose your map.

This is what alot of people dislike about GPS on their BBs and Mapquest has partially solved the issue. Grant you, you still need a data plan, but roaming issues are greatly minimized with Mapquest.

Just my 1cent's worth.

Happy Berrying!
    Last edited by pegb856; 01-14-2008 at 08:09 AM.

jayroc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D388CE

Your link doesn't take you to any download. Check your link. Thank-you. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata

Last edited by pegb856; 01-14-2008 at 09:08 AM.

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3

I have to disagree with the previous post about Mapquest features as compared to Telenav. On a previous post I noted the following:

Mapquest:

Only 2 route types available, fastest and shortest and they both gave the same routes for all the times I tested it even though I already knew there was a shorter route (Telenav showed me)

You can't change the route type on the fly.

There is no auto complete from history.

Takes too long to route.

Sometimes has trouble initializing the bluetooth headset.

Key assignments on the 8300 are awkward. I don't want to have to use my trackball while I'm driving, there should be an alternative.

There is no "follow me" mode which has come in handy a few times.

Also:

I have lost my data connection while using Telenav and the map continues anyway, but having that annoying popup box in front of the screen while navigating that says I don't have a connection is annoying.
    A huge downfall with Telenav is that it isn't very friendly with voice dialing, in fact it's impossible while navigating with Telenav.
    On 3 seperate occasions after upgrading my OS I had to log back in to Telenav and it usually takes numerous tries to get through.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast