Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Question for MAPQUESTNAV, a few people including myself have had issues because we are using ... BlackBerry GPS forum

Sjjones no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Best GPS - Mapquest Navigator

Advertisement

Question for MAPQUESTNAV, a few people including myself have had issues because we are using the BES , is there a timeline for the fix to the issue. (asking permissions at start up etc). I was told an update might be rolled last week but nothing yet?

** Mapquest is the issue as Telenav works perfectly.

Thanks in advance

adamjay79 no está en línea Stack level 3

So can anyone tell me why when I download the new version it is 4.03.53, not 5.0 as it states?

SDinSD no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by adamjay79 View Post
    So can anyone tell me why when I download the new version it is 4.03.53, not 5.0 as it states?
    Good question. Mine says the same thing.

SanaTizer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249e3b2f

OK I did it... after hearing that I can migrate for life (possibly) to the new versions, I jumped on it. I'll try that tonight on the way home. I still like tomtom on the pocket pc better for visual appeal and customization, but the maps here are more current from ota.

Sjjones, I've got mine on a BES and it works just fine. I would check your application permissions in the settings to be sure mapquest has the rights it needs on your device.

yes I had it working a couple of days, 1st time i have been able to really use it.

Sorry to say, Telenav seems faster and more user friendly.

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5

I have been using Mapquest Navigator for a while now and I want to chime in.

1) Their support is excellent. I have spoken to them a few times about the permissions issue problem and they are working hard and fast on a fix and that's probably all I can say.

2) Telenav does not officially support the 8320 and sometimes it works for me sometimes it doesn't. I can test if it is going to work or not by trying to sync favorites. If this fails I can't use it. Sometimes yanking the battery helps. I have not had an issue like this with Mapquest so I consider it more reliable.

3) Telenav is a more mature product but they Mapquest is working on enhancements. Right now it stinks that upgrading versions loses your saved places, but I believe them when they tell me they are working on it.

4) One thing that Mapquest does better is if you go off route it first tries to get you back on the route. I think it downloads slightly more about your route. This can be a very good thing. I remember driving Vegas to LA using Telenav back on my Blackjack and we went off route and had no cell coverage and couldn't re-route until we were back in cell coverage range. This is true of Mapquest but Mapquest seems to do it better and if totally off route with no cell coverage seems to point you with an arrow back to the route.

5) Either product is good but I am canceling my Telenav because months after my first call to them about supporting the 8320 they still offer no official support. Yes it kinda works if you download the AT&T version but I am frustrated by the frequent unable to connect to server and having to yank my battery and try again.

Email or call their support give them your suggestions and woes. They might have the production version of the permission issue fix ready if you ask.

-standard disclaimer - not associated with either company blah blah blah

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5

Oh my one complaint about both Mapquest and Telenav that someone should fix is stand alone apps like TomTom let you avoid part of the route - for example say avoid route 46 and it will give you an alternate route.

Just the other day there was a police road block and both wanted to keep sending me back to the closed road. With TomTom I could just say avoid Main Street.

Hopefully soon.

seoulfalcon no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2426C629

I just downloaded the new release, that fixes the problem with the BES. After I did, I could actually load the application. The caveat...I stopped receiving e-mails. I couldn't send any either. It seems like it disconnected me from the BES at my company. Has anyone else had this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by seoulfalcon View Post
    I just downloaded the new release, that fixes the problem with the BES. After I did, I could actually load the application. The caveat...I stopped receiving e-mails. I couldn't send any either. It seems like it disconnected me from the BES at my company. Has anyone else had this issue?
    not me and i am on BES also

mrvictor65 no está en línea Stack level 3

i have mapquest navigator on my nextel i880 but im getting the BB 7100i for christmas, can i just download the app onto my sim card , put the card in the bb and will it work or do i have to totally redownload for the website right now im paying 4.99/month for it and i would hate to have to buy it all over again- thanks in advance

jayroc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D388CE

This link doesn't go to a download of any kind. Can someone please help. A download link for the prog itself would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

armus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31833E7E

I'm on Alltel and the "support" guy who wasn't extremely professional said to select "Srpint" for my carrier to get the program. I'm sure it will be fine though.

Anyone know why verson 4.somthing is being called MQ5? seems off

godder no está en línea Stack level 1

Version 2.30 for 8310 or 87xx version

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uldb43
    Last edited by reddog187; 12-24-2007 at 07:19 PM.

baggio4eva no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by godder View Post
    Version 2.30
    thanks for the link... any chance you have the version for the 7130e? (pearl user here)

Thanks again

ScottPV no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by MapQuestNav View Post
    Hi All -

We (MapQuest) just had an internal meeting about the confusion regarding the Limited Time $4.99 offer. Based on the feedback given on this site and others, we decided that subscribers that download the application during this promotional period will be 'grandfathered' for all subsequent versions of the application, regardless of new features and price. That means that as long as you remain an active subscriber, you will continue to pay only $4.99 per month for MapQuest Navigator Versions x.x. If you update your handset and wish to transfer the subscription to the new device, just enter your activation code into the new download on the new device and you'll still only pay the $4.99. In other words, the $4.99 deal is now truly extended to the lifetime of the subscription.

I think this makes the offer crystal clear, and hopefully provides users with a compelling reason to download the application. So please disregard what I posted earlier about grandfathered subscriptions. Please be aware that this offer will go away at the end of the month - there are no plans to extend it.
    I installed the 8130 version to my Verizon Pearl but it ask for a reistration code. I guess I am out of luck? Is this for another carrier who offers the 8130?

ScottPV

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast