Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

The free version was 2.3, At least that's what it shows on the one I ... BlackBerry GPS forum

dbltap no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Best GPS - Mapquest Navigator

Advertisement

The free version was 2.3, At least that's what it shows on the one I have been using all this time. The $4.99 one on the site now is ver 5.0. Looks like it has been updated quite a bit from ver 2.3.

tboooe no está en línea Stack level 3

5.0 definitely looks like an upgrade over v2.3 I especially like the City's Best feature. I use my GPS more to find things like stores and restuarants than I do for driving directions. I am going to have to consider switching. I wish Navigator allowed a demo period.

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5

Looks like they just announced more supported devices and unlike Telenav it officially supports my T-Mobile BB 8320. It is now $5/month it says 12/31/2007 Don't know if that means if you buy before 12/31/2007 it will always be $5 or after 12/31/07 it will go to $10/month. I haven't actually used it yet just saw the demo and installed. MY puck is in my car. They did add the ability to read your BB address book and that does work, but I don't see anything like Telenav where you can manage your saved locations online. Also this would stink moving to a new phone as you may lose all of your saved addresses - I don't know but can't wait to play with it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by pcwizpcwiz View Post
    I don't know but can't wait to play with it tonight.
    Does this have a demo period? I did not see anything on their website.

soggystockings no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c87907

Its there. use the link at the top page on home computer...There is a monthly fee 4.99

Living no está en línea Stack level 1

Downloaded the new version of Mapquest Navigator. I really like it, it appears to be just as good as Telenav and cheaper. It is really an upgrade from the version 2 that I was using. I was having problems with the sattelites on version 2. With the new version so far no problems. It is a keeper.

Rockaway no está en línea Stack level 1

it says $4.99 per month, its not free? is there a free one out there?

adamjay79 no está en línea Stack level 3

I have not tried the new one that charges 5/month. Can anyone report on the differences between the two. Looking at the site, the only difference I can see is the real time traffic monitor.

From what I understand it also integrates with BB address book, walking instructions, and better local business search. The last one is probably most important to me as often times I am looking for a place to eat or buy something when I am out and about. I am already paying $10 now for Telenav so even if this is the same, I am saving 50%.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockaway View Post
    it says $4.99 per month, its not free? is there a free one out there?
    There are free ones like BB Maps, Google Maps but in my opinion they are all merely ok.
    Last edited by tboooe; 11-21-2007 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Automerged.

Ok, I made the switch from Telenav to Mapquest. Overall, I think Telenav is a bit slicker in its user interface and presentation. Mapquest has a less sophisticated look to it because of its use of large font and cartoon-like icons. Functionally, they are both the same. One thing this new version of Mapquest changed was the ability to switch to the various navigation views via the trackball. Now, to switch the user has the use the menu key and select the view they want. I prefer using the trackball but this is a minor complaint. The Citysearch and local search features of Mapquest seems to be better than Telenav. This is what I use most of the time anyway. Most importantly, the voice directions on Mapquest is more clear and has much less distortion at higher volumes than Telenav. Overall, this is a good app and at half the price of Telenav I cant complain.

budj47 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Iha e gone to the link twice and still haven't found a ace to D/L the app. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by budj47 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Iha e gone to the link twice and still haven't found a ace to D/L the app. Any suggestions?
    Are you referring to the older version which was free? It has been taken off the site. I did not see a place to download a trial of the newest version either. At only $5 a month and cancelable at any time, it may be easier to just sign up and cancel if you dont like it.

b06tmm no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi All,

I just download Navigator and the version I got is 4.03, not 5 and the screen times out.

I got it working but I have an issue with using it in my vehicle. Do I need an external antenna?

Thanks,
    Tim

Edited to add: I have the 8830...
    Last edited by b06tmm; 11-26-2007 at 04:10 PM. Reason: More Info

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Does mapquest use the blackberry connection or tha APN. I have unlimited data on the blackberry connection and very expensive on the APN. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

USMC WARRIOR no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242ecc17

Any ideas why my telenav will not start up on my 8100? I am a new user to BB!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast