Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ this a great app! PROS -FREE! -Accurate -Voice guidance -Day/night mode -option ... BlackBerry GPS forum

cypher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    876-5309

Re: Best GPS - Mapquest Navigator

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ this a great app!

PROS
    -FREE!
    -Accurate
    -Voice guidance
    -Day/night mode
    -option to have screen go to sleep mode or stay on while navigating
    -many more I can't think of

CONS
    -Doesnt work with BB address book
    -Wish it had other voice options (its wierd taking orders from a woman. Jk!)

Having the screen on while taking a 2 hour drive does kill your battery. Just leave it plugged into the car charger.

DesertBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

I always had issues getting it to find my bluetooth puck with the pearl. I have since went back to Nav4all because it wlways finds my puck.

cypher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    876-5309

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ its free for now so (ab)use it while you can. Mapquest may incorporate a serial number and start charging people to use it.

shakuyi no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2425A121

k i just used it on my way to work...works pretty good gonna test telenav when i get off tonight to see the differences

senseijake no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2140331B

Just downloaded it the other day to my us cellular 8830. It works extremely well. I prefer to use night-mode all the time because the contrast makes it easier to see and read faster. My one complaint is that you have to double tap any text field to input information. Also i agree with ak602 the ability to read addresses from the phones address book would be a perfect addition to this app. One more thing that i noticed is that if you exit the app by just hitting the End button is still runs in the background and constantly sends/receives data, thus killing my battery life. Make sure you use menu>exit and press ok to truely quit the application.

ak602 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Nav4all has address book incorperation. But not as easy to use. We shouldn't complain being that its free.

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3

When will someone develop a GPS app that will use my microSD memory for maps like any other phone? I have a Nokia N95 and all I have to do is update my maps every once in a while and I never pay a data charge for it.

Either that or Rogers needs to find a way to offer an unlimited data plan for my berry. These overages are killing me!

If anyone knows of an app please pin me. pin:2066e399

Krik
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

halo32c no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2407589F

Thumbs up Re: Best GPS - Mapquest Navigator

Downloaded this for 8100 and seems to work great. Screen is a little off but other then that no complaints.

tomdick no está en línea Stack level 2

well im a human map well thats what my wife tells me so when iv used other maping softwhere i tend to just use the location ill try it a few times and let you know what i think if it runns me around in a big loop to get to a house

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

I travel a ton, have tested each free app (not Telenav / Waypoint) and agree this is the best.
    Works flawless. I do recommend if you make a mistake to pull over, let it complete its re-route download - otherwise it keeps trying to reroute based on the new position you are in, and you will go friggin nuts.

Love each of the screens - very nice / helpful.
    I need to find a way to keep a copy of the .jad file in case this ends of being charged later, lol.

I don't know why, but I wish all the free programs worked a bit more like Google Maps. I just copy the address from my address book or calendar, then paste it into GM. Just click ok, and it starts searching.
    On MN (same as the other free progs) I hate having to type in a street number, then type a street, then type a city. If you have this much, Mapquest is good at finding it without the zip, the others it is mandatory. If google maps search as it does, any of these programs should be able to as well. That would be my only future wish...

Okay, I lied, there is one more item I would love changed. When entering destinations, you should be able to roll to the next category, then start typing. I always forget to click the category before typing. I just start typing when its highlighted in that maroon color. Teach this old dog new tricks....

I am curious abou this - I found on Nav4all I ended up really liking the breakdown of short distances in yards - no other program does this. Every other program is .2 miles till turn. Nav4all is 300 yards, turn, 100 yards turn, etc. Then breakdown to feet. When using the yardage you really can gauge a lot better. That would be nice to add into MN. The 500 feet and under gauge MN uses is nice and pretty dang accurate. Anyone else notice this?

For some reason, my impression of the other programs is they did not poll the gps as often as the MN navigator did. There must be a difference in the way MN checks the gps against the route vs amAze and Nav4all. AmaZe was well rounded but both of those seem to lose the gps signal or the tracking against the route way too often. Never once on MN. Interesting...

I was worried at first in testing the other programs, none seemed to get anywhere near the performance of a Garmin unit or Hertz's NeverLost. This is the closest so far in my opinion. In any this makes the 8310 worth every penny. A must have for life on the road.
    Last edited by zipped; 11-16-2007 at 04:25 AM.

EddyBrock no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BA33BC

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I've been using Mapquest Nav since the Jan. Of this year and its been very good to me, but then sprint recently dropped a new BB data plan that included TeleNav for unlimited use. I tried TeleNav a few times and I think its slightly better then Mapquest.

HaTaX no está en línea Stack level 1

OTA Links for MapQuest Navigator:

71XX/81XX:
    mqnav.telmap.com/mqota/clients/Sprint/7130e/mqn.jad

83XX/87XX/88XX:
    mqnav.telmap.com/mqota/clients/Sprint/8703e/mqn.jad

(Put the HTTP in there, I'm not cool enough to post full urls)

BerryAddict8 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30156B34

Just downloaded this and I must say I am very impressed. Just got in from putting it through it paces and this application coupled with my AT&T 8310 was flawless. I tried to trick the unit and go through neighborhoods to see how the re routing would work. Needless to say, it re adjusted each time and put me on the right path. A MUST download.

Excellent application.

Loyal2hiphop no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240c5953

Anyone know if its still free because when I went to the link it says its 4.99 per month now which is better than telenav 9.99 but if everyone is getting it for free, I want in too. Also I went to the OTA link on my phone and it doesnt work it just gives me an error message. Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks

tboooe no está en línea Stack level 3

Strange, I downloaded this on Saturday and there was only support for Sprint and T mobile. Today it also show ATT. I was able to download the app directly without being asked to sign up or pay anything. I just tried using it and it works fine...

That being said, assuming both Mapquest and Telenav charges now, I prefer Telenav for its better integration with the Curve. It also has a nice feature to allow the screen to turn off when it is idle. Mapquest keeps the screen on the whole time. Maybe not a big deal but definitely a battery saver.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast