Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Originally Posted by MapQuestNav Hi llzel- So this particular version (2.3) was meant to be ... BlackBerry GPS forum

llzel no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by MapQuestNav View Post
    Hi llzel-

So this particular version (2.3) was meant to be a 30 day trial, but a carrier billing issue made the application "free" to some handsets for six months, even through it was a $9.99 per month product. Word got out, and quite a few users downloaded the version every six months; and it became known as a "Free" navigation application. In reality, it really wasn't, because the billing issue wasn't resolved.

Six months ago MapQuest chose to sunset the url down link, because we do assume considerable costs for data used in the application. Rather than shut down users such as yourself immediately, we simply allowed the limits of that version to end at 6 months. So your 'free' version has permanently expired - it sounds like you were able to get some decent use out of what is normally a premium service.

The good news is that we have a vastly updated product, MapQuest Navigator 5.0, which has 3D maps, Live Traffic, Gas Prices and Cityguide info built in. No, it's not free, but it's considerably cheaper at $4.17 / month than anything comparable in feature set. Check it out at http://wireless.mapquest.com/mapquest-navigator.html

Hope that clarifies things a bit.

The MapQuest Team

Well you're right, I did get much use out of 2.3 and am now a 5.0 user @ $49.00/year. Not a bad price.
    Thanks for the explanation.

tars16 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Is there anyway to download the old version to use for free?

ineedspeed no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24270d4c
    Quote Originally Posted by tars16 View Post
    Is there anyway to download the old version to use for free?
    Please re-read this thread.

jorgeg.ledes no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgeg.ledes View Post
    Love Mapquest but one feature I'd like that Telenav has, is that you can go on the web search and save locations and then those show up in your blackberry, its just kind off convenient to have the added help of a laptop or desktop to plan your travels, so Mapquest see if you guys can create such a page but I still love your application
    Yes, Mapquest needs this feature its so convenient guys.

Home: go to Mapquest, plan your trip
    Car: Connect to Mapquest boom the information is already there.

Please guys
    Best regards

Jorge Ledesma
    PIN 2440BE7C

www.blackberrygtd.com

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    adamjay79, I used your link, plugged in Spring and the 8703e, then it comes up with the page asking for $49+/yr or $4.95 or something like that per month. How does one download it and get free use? I have an unlocked 8310 on TMO that I'm going to be using. Thanks in advance!

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    i think they disabled the 2.7 version which was the free mapquest navigator. i dont think there is a way to get around it and make it work! i used to have it and it ran just fine until i tried to upgrade and reinstall the old version and then it stopped working!

MapQuestNav no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgeg.ledes View Post
    Yes, Mapquest needs this feature its so convenient guys.

Home: go to Mapquest, plan your trip
    Car: Connect to Mapquest boom the information is already there.

Please guys

We are working on this, and it is a priority.

klgmd no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think the old free version is better and I would be willing to pay for that one but it is not available. The new Version 5 is just not making me happy. One example is that the screen does not give you the estimated time of arrival at your destination. The 3-D screen in my opinion is harder to see well than the old one dimensional simple view. If I could pay for that old Version 2.x I would gladly pay for it.

jorgeg.ledes no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by MapQuestNav View Post
    We are working on this, and it is a priority.
    thanks and how about a function "Add to Contacts" with you'd still the show because with the new WLS 2.0 that feature is there rendering Berry411 down to an of the past.

so to recap or emphasize

1. Planning trips online and have them synchronize with the BB with a new category perhaps called "Saved Trips" with a minimum capacity to save 5 trips

2. Once you search for a business and it locates it have an option to "add to contacts"

3. and you the know the numbers that are in [1] [2] etc. etc to actually work when you actually hit those keys.

thanks guys
    Best regards

Jorge Ledesma
    PIN 2440BE7C

www.blackberrygtd.com

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC
    I have an 8310 Curve with ATT. I purchased the $49.00 plan and downloaded. The program gets not satellittes. I says it cannot locate them. Google, Telenav, MS Live, etc. see the GPS.

I have tried rebooting and messing with all the settings. I am at the end of my rope.

Anyone have a suggestion?

EDIT: OK...deleted and reinstalled. All is well now.
    Last edited by mbranscum; 05-19-2008 at 10:49 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

curtiecia no está en línea Stack level 1
    i am with At&t and don't have internet service on my 8300 curve

is internet service needed in order for the GPS to work, or are ya'll simply paying the $4.99 for Mapquest?

if the internet service is needed, how much size is enough (if ur with At&t)/ 1 mb, 5 mb or 10 mb

kilofox no está en línea Stack level 1
    Any body with a Curve get this to work using an external GPS puck? All my other GPS programs see the GPS puck, Mapquest will not.

wrathchild no está en línea Stack level 2
    Seems now they're charging for it, sucks.

kasl33 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    Any body with a Curve get this to work using an external GPS puck? All my other GPS programs see the GPS puck, Mapquest will not.
    I have the curve 8320 (T-Mobile) and use an external bluetooth puck (Freedom Keychain GPS 2000) and it works excellent!

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    The problem I have with these recurring fee's is that roads dont change much. If you were to simply purchase a GPS software package outright, it would probably last you 20 years. The only problem comes when new roads are added to your city, and even then since theres almost always 2 ways to get somewhere the GPS would simply use the "long way" as it would not have the latest maps in its database.

I use my in-car GPS about once a month, MAYBE. While $5/month sounds cheap, it's more like $5 a pop, b/c if I only used it one time I basically paid 5 bucks to find my destination. Would you ever pay someone $5 to get directions to an office in downtown?

So I continue to happily use my once purchased copy of iGuidance which is about 5 years out of date now, that cost me $75, and has yet to ever fail me once, b/c who needs continuous map updates throughout the year?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast