Ive been searching bluetooth gps receivers for my 8320, and narrowed down to 2, but ... BlackBerry GPS forum

Varekai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Best GPS Bluetooth Receiver?

Advertisement

Ive been searching bluetooth gps receivers for my 8320, and narrowed down to 2, but wanted to see if anyone else had experience with them or another and could share their opinions on which they think the best would be. The freedom one seems nice, but its also double the amount of any other ones.

Freedome
    I-blue

seattlepolis no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Best GPS Bluetooth Receiver?

I've used a few; route66 and the telenav puck. IMO the telenav one (have only seen at ATT stores, retails for ~$100) works extremely well.
    Guess it depends on what apps you want a gps receiver for.
    For navigation, the IBlue would likely be your best choice. The problem with the Freedome is that its on a keychain, so when your driving your car you will have a harder time getting a clear view of all of the available birds (your cold start time may be longer as well). You may not notice it that much though since most nav programs have "snap to" roads. GPS is not accurate enough to show that you are really on a road, usually about the best circular error of probability you will get is 2-3meters. Nav progams will usually "snap" to the closest road, so the keychain puck may be good enough. If you drive in an urban canyon, forrested area, etc that may also cause the freedome problems.
    didnt read all of the specs (both of your choices are WAAS enabled which is good), but I think a very important feature is the ability of the unit to power down automatically if not in use.
    anyway, thats my 2 cents. hope it helps.

PIN/ID

Thank you, it did. The keychain part I dont think is much of a factor, Im pretty crafty and I could rig up a suction cup thing so its at the top of my windshield, and as for the telenav one I dont want to pay the $10 a month for it, I wanted to use nav4all and google maps. Either way thanks for the input, Ill be getting the money in a week for it so I have till then to see what else comes around.

--------EDIT--------

I know I posted this for the BB, but I just came across this, and it seems really nice, anyone ever heard of it before, or think it might be better then the puck and curve combo?
    Navigon LOOX
    Last edited by Varekai; 02-20-2008 at 09:58 PM.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

I use the iBlue737 (think thats the name?) and couldn't be happier. It's very accurate, great battery life and strong signal. Even in my apartment building I still pick up 3 satellites. It works great with my 8320. I'd definitely recommend it.

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3

I don't know "the" best BT GPS for BlackBerry. I am using the Holux GR-231 which is pretty old. It worked well with the 7290, Pearl and now also with my Curve. So this one is definitely works great!

FF2
    FF2 no está en línea Stack level 2

I've the Freedom 2000 and it appears to work well with my 8830. I used it in Canada recently and tracked my way back home. I get a signal inside my home and just got trekbuddy and got a signal inside the post office, grocery store and inside car (but have sunroof) from passenger seat.

PIN/ID

Thank you for the replies, I wound up getting the Iblue 737 earlier this wook, its an awesome little device. Been haveing too much fun with it ^_^

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    i'm looking to buy a gps unit too for my 8300...and i've been looking for a reliable, reasonable gps unit (compact wud be awesome) on buygpsnow.com...but how do u like ur iblue 737 edition 2 after few days use?

also, i'm trying to decide between iblue 737 and oncourse edition 3 (available for $40 now)...of course, the oncourse unit is only 20 channel but it says its sirfstar III chip...i'm not sure its a better one than iblue...but any suggestions to a gps illiterate are appreciated!

FF2
    FF2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    The Freedom 2000 is

1 3/4 inches long
    1 1/4 inches wide
    1/2 inch thick

In other words, I think, it is quite small and works well.

Lights:
    Red for Battery indications
    Yellow Satellite tracking
    Blue Bluetooth

PIN/ID
    iblue 737 rocks. Of course most of these are quite similar, its the GPS software that really makes the difference. Nav4all is nice, telenav is nicer, but I get problems alot like 'cant connect so server' and Im doing a battery pull almost each time I use it to get it working.