I would like to use a free GPS app like AmazeGPS instead of AT&T Navigator. ... BlackBerry GPS forum

msauerman no está en línea Stack level 1

AT&T Navigator vs. something I don't have to pay for

Advertisement

I would like to use a free GPS app like AmazeGPS instead of AT&T Navigator. AT&T charges $10 a month for Navigator and I need to know if that is just for the app itself or will it disable GPS on my 8310 if I cancel the service. Thank you in advance.

drspiff no está en línea Stack level 2
    amaze is free but it doesnt compare to the navigator...Its not as updated. Its well worth the 10 a month if you use it frequently. Plus are you getting a monthly discount based on where you go to school or work?? Alot of people dont know about that...if not then call customer care and get that discount which could end up paying for your GPS
    I do what I can...

Thank you for the reply, drspiff.
    I just got my 8310 (had a Pearl before) so the GPS feature is new to me and I have no idea how often I will use it.
    What is this about a discount based on where I work? I'm at a non-profit in San Francisco.
    Thanks!

privax no está en línea Stack level 3
    There is nothing out there that's updated as frequently as the Telenav application, which does come into play when you're in need of alternate routes due to construction or traffic.

Most navigation applications that use their own downloadable maps which require a memory card will only allow a certain state or area on the card it self meaning that if you plan on traveling cross country you'll be needing a laptop and making the map transfers accordingly, plus they're normally around $75-$120.

AT&T Navigation will give you everything you need for $120 a year and who's to say how long you'll have the phone anyway you may wind up buying a GPS application with standard maps for $100 and then get a new phone down the road that doesn't support the same application.

And in this situation you can't compare AT&T Navigation vs anything free. It's just not the same nor anywhere as good.

Hi privax. Thank you for the info. Since I am getting the first month of Navigator free, I can at least evaluate it and decide then whether it's worth the $$$.

rprewitt no está en línea Stack level 2
    thats what I did, I tried it out and love it.
    I use it all the time now, even to find Best Buys and McD's

Only negative thing that Ive found, which is true with all GPS programs, is that i occasionally find that buisness it was directing me to was no longer there.
    So far I have had one WalMart, three Hardees, one McD's and one of my work's branch locations either vanish off the telnav or completely wrong in the directions. Thats not bad considering I use it 5-6 times a week and I have been using it for about a year.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hi, I don't know about VZNavigator or AT&T Navigator but I don't have the need for either of them. I'm an AmazeGPS user and have been ever since I got 8310 about a year ago. I started with version 1 and now I'm using it's newer version. It's free and reliable, that is IMHO I don't know about the rest. I also had upgraded from a pearl to it and when I found this application and after trying nav4all including telenav I dunno but I found this one more useful. It's almost been a year and I have saved about 110 so far and not intending to start paying for it. It's kinda like those days when you didn't have to sign up for cable when you could buy a box lol. We'll see how long it'll take AT&T to start locking their GPS for now enjoy your choices. I know I am