Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

where can you get the external bt controller? sorry im new to this stuff =/... BlackBerry GPS forum

zelface no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Anyone know the best free GPS software?

Advertisement

where can you get the external bt controller? sorry im new to this stuff =/

tundra no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F50D92

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~was anyone able to get nav4all workking with a BB 8800? I get uncaught exception java lang...

panpan1975 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by tundra
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~was anyone able to get nav4all workking with a BB 8800? I get uncaught exception java lang...
    I was able to get the app running on an 8800 but when I attempt to download the language and audio language I get "An error has occurred whil downloading the language file: data failed 1". I have tried multiple TCP WAP settings and I get the same error all the time. I suspect it may be trying to go through my BES. I have BIS and BES. I had to force JiveTalk to go through BIS in order to get it to work on my 8800 device. Is there a setting or parameter to force Nav4All to go through BIS that anyone knows? Has anyone else received this message and know how to fix it?

Johnny-D no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    40166E40

If you have nextel you have a GPS in the phone. I tried the free programs but didn't care for many of them. Mapquest has the best program for a 60 day trial. I am going to buy it as it is very user friendly.

SoLiSe no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

If you're using Nextel/Sprint with your 7100i go to your bookmarks in your BB browser and select blackberry help. From there under downloads, you will find Blackberry Maps which is the best free GPS I have found so far. I have tried a few others and tried free trial of some of the pay per month GPS but nothing beats the Blackberry Maps program...super simple to use and free. You'll get turn by turn directions which is very accurate...even gives you MPH when you're traveling and you'll see crossroads as you pass them..very neat program, can't say enough positive things about it (used it on a 2000 mile trip with absolutely no complaints). Have also tried InfoSpace Find It but didn't like it as much...only positive difference between the two is infospace shows you businesses and things nearby whatever address you input which is not available with blackberry maps.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Nav4all is free for a limited time. Mapquest does offer voice prompts and it's totally free AFAIK. Infospace is really an LBS app. BBmaps isn't worth the trouble IMO. I personally prefer and use Telenav as I haven't found a better overall app yet.

There's no need for an external GPS receiver with the 7100i. All Nextel BB's have built-in GPS.
    Last edited by I7oobie; 03-29-2007 at 04:13 PM.

aimeekelley no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~downloaded nav4all to my 8100 and it froze up. I have had problems. It didn't work and when I deleted the app it wouldn't go away, it took three times before it would go away!now every time I do a batt pull or soft reset I get an error message that says uncaught java something, any idea how to fix it?

hk285 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by panpan1975
    I was able to get the app running on an 8800 but when I attempt to download the language and audio language I get "An error has occurred whil downloading the language file: data failed 1". I have tried multiple TCP WAP settings and I get the same error all the time. I suspect it may be trying to go through my BES. I have BIS and BES. I had to force JiveTalk to go through BIS in order to get it to work on my 8800 device. Is there a setting or parameter to force Nav4All to go through BIS that anyone knows? Has anyone else received this message and know how to fix it?
    I have the same problem with my 8707, doesn't matter which audio language I try and download, it gives the same error. did you manage to find a fix?

Thanks,

monumental no está en línea Stack level 1

Nav4all is cool!!!

thanks for the info

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Now what's the dffernce between nav4all and telenav. And does nav for all only work on the 8800?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Virulon no está en línea Stack level 1

I've tried Nav4All on my 7100i and it keeps crashing it. I've even had to wipe the BB and start over a few times. I just went and got the Blackberry maps app mentioned above and so far, so good. We'll see over time.

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Virulon View Post
    I've tried Nav4All on my 7100i and it keeps crashing it. I've even had to wipe the BB and start over a few times. I just went and got the Blackberry maps app mentioned above and so far, so good. We'll see over time.
    I didn't see the 7100i on the list of blackberries that are supported on the Nav4all site.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12