After getting my new Pearl I soon realized the GPS capability and how it would ... BlackBerry GPS forum

pelotudo no está en línea Stack level 1

Any GPS options that allow microSD use?

Advertisement

After getting my new Pearl I soon realized the GPS capability and how it would be useful to me, so I soon ordered the newly received Holux M-1200.

Having BBMaps and download Google Maps I started playing with mapping, trip routing, etc. Both seem to work flawlessly, however Google seems to be bandwidth heavy and even with EDGE most of the time it still fails to keep up with my speed @ 55mph. BBMaps is nice, however does allow searching of random names and places like Google Maps (must enter address).

After messing with those, I d/led MQNavigator today and have been messing with it. It seems about perfect for navigation, but I still want satellite maps like GM and be able to keep up with my movement. Is there any software similar to GM that would allow me to store satellite or regular shots on my microsd?
    Last edited by pelotudo; 11-12-2007 at 03:09 PM.

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!

Re: Any GPS options that allow microSD use?

I would like to know as well. I use a Holux M-1000 and as work great for me even with my laptop. But if there is an app as you mentioned i would like to know.

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

I found out about another one on the stacks here called amAze... I can't register on the site and I don't want to send a text message to them, so I can't download to try out...

Good lord MQ is unreliable. Tried amAze and the map d/ling wasn't working, I'll try again today. Ordered a 1gb microsd yesterday. Tomtom looks like it does what I need, but doesn't work for our Pearls yet.

vinniet no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I use TomTom on my Palm and by far its the best mapping software ever made.

As far as I know there is no talk of TomTom supporting the BB.

Kingpin1612 no está en línea BES Pro

go to this url on your BB

wap.amazegps.com

Yeah I went and ordered a microsd card to use the Tomtom 6 software, then realized it doesn't work.

I've tried amaze and I just really don't like it. Went on a 2hr trip today and tested GM and MQ. GM worked great on the way down, if I zoom out a little it seems to keep up pretty well. MQNavi seems to be having issues connecting to the M1200 consistently. I got a good signal all the way back after opening Google Maps then closing and opening MQ. Right now I'll be sticking to these two until I can find something better.

Another question as the Pearl seems to be laggy after loading a few panes of the satellite view. Will the BB use the microsd card for cache/memory space while using GM at all? Meaning if I drop in the 1gb SD will the phone be any quicker than without or is it not going to matter since the Pearl doesn't allow access to the microsd for apps?

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

Its funny you mentioned laggy - I noticed if I have two programs open which both access the gps (google maps + MN) both programs lag. For the gps to be accurate, I am betting (nothing factual to base it on unfortunately, only trying it out) only one program should access it at one time.

yoyoboy no está en línea Stack level 2

I use televav (vodafone compass) over gprs not edge and it works fine. The sd card only holds street names.
    I don't know if you can get that to work on a pearl but its pretty good on my 8310.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Telenav is subscription based correct yoyo? If not, where can I d/l, but I'm not looking for a subscription service at this time.