Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Telenav on 8100 Telenav's excellent technical support supervisor, Gina, worked with me to determine ... BlackBerry GPS forum

nrcapes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6997B

Re: An (almost) complete guide to GPS applications for Blackberry

Advertisement

Re: Telenav on 8100

Telenav's excellent technical support supervisor, Gina, worked with me to determine that the previous version of Telenav indeed did not work with the Holux GPSlim236. Just last week, Telenav introduced a new version that works very well with this bluetooth GPS puck. I've been testing Telenav and am very impressed with it. It is the only true, full-featured GPS navigator that I've tested so far that formats the 8100 screen properly. It also interfaces to a traffic service, which has saved me delay a couple of times. Although it costs $10 per month, I believe that it is well worth it. Only one caution: don't rely on their telephone technical support. User their support forum on their web site www.telenav.com. That way, you'll get support from Gina and her comrades.

Faolan no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm using a Global Sat BT-359 with my 8100 and MQ Nav doesn't seem to be aquiring sats.

Has anyone had any luck with this particular puck?

GPS
    BT light - blinking
    Sat light - blinking

Phone
    BT light - blinking
    Last edited by Faolan; 08-04-2007 at 06:49 PM.

Faolan no está en línea Stack level 1

Figured out my issue...I tried to use the tip from DesertBlade about using the link for the 7130. I got no communication with my puck. Went back to the original link, and although the screen size is off, it connected quickly, and seems to be working flawlessly.

Thanks for the great tut nrcapes.

nrcapes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6997B

Smile Re: An (almost) complete guide to GPS applications for Blackberry

Quote Originally Posted by funkym
    That doesn't nearly cover 10% of all GPS applications that are available for the BlackBerry
    It was not intended to cover all GPS software. See the internal disclaimers re: BB Maps & Google Maps, which I do not consider to be full-featured GPS software because they either do not update the map fast enough at car speeds or do not automatically re-route.

I realize there are other GPS applications, but as far as I know when I posted my review no one else had made an effort on this forum to give people a thorough review of GPS software from hands-on experience.

Perhaps the title was a little too optimistic.

Mofolepo no está en línea Stack level 2

The Mapquest does not support my 8830

bacardiman7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    does anyone know of a way to use the gps receiver from the curve 8310 on a laptop? Is it possible?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12