Well i'm a bit dicouraged....love my 8730e but wondering if I made the right choice. ... BlackBerry GPS forum

nikosia no está en línea Stack level 3

8130e, GPS? telenav? anyone tried it?

Advertisement

Well i'm a bit dicouraged....love my 8730e but wondering if I made the right choice. VZW disabled the GPS..so the only option is to buy a bluetooth GPS receiver and try an application like telenav. Anyone ever used telenav with a 8730e VZW BB? wondering if its effective. Beginning to think I wasted money and should have waited on the 8800 cylcone to come out but didnt know about until after i bought this. I just dont understand why VZW wont enable the GPS?

Re: 8130e, GPS? telenav? anyone tried it?

correction i have the 8730e

jackwins no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have the 8703e but on the sprint network. I use telnav all the time and I love it.

jack im assuming that since you are on sprint you didnt have to buy a bluetooth GPS receiver? I just dont understand why VZW disabled it...can anyone make any sense of that?

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

I'm on sprint and I have an 8703e and have telenav it works great for me too..I didn't have to buy bluetooth gps reciever..I didn't know anyone had to,I guess I thought if you had bluetooth that was enough for gps.(.and data plan obviously) what's reciever for any way?? Just something to charge extra for I guess! Haha, so u need this for telenav? Don't ya love how cell companys can find little "extras" to jack our bills up?

lesa...well that is the odd thing about this. I dont buy the bluetooth gps receiver from VZW and I dont have to through telenav either. For some unknown reason VZW disable the GPS on their version of the 8703e except for 911. therefore, the external bluetooth gps i have to purchase is essentially something that already exist in the phone but VZW disabled. I really want to hear from someone who has the Verizon 8703e and used telenav with the bluetooth gps receiver?